- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- La Paz, BCS, Mexico
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 28,750
PRICE HAS BEEN REDUCED!!!!!
The Westsail 32’s are known worldwide as one of the most heavily-constructed ocean-crossing boats ever made, often referred to as “bullet proof.” This is one of the rare factory finished Westsails. The Main, Staysail and Jib were re-stitched in 2013. When the wind dies, her Volvo MD2B engine with a Bosch Starter/Generator, pushes her effortlessly along. A new Force 10 three burner stove with oven and broiler makes meal preparations a snap. The mast was completely stripped down to bare wood and refinished in 2015. She has two opening hatches and 10 opening bronze portlights in the cabin sides which create comfortable ventilation options.
She is ready to go cruising and is conveniently located in La Paz, the heart of Mexican cruising grounds, right at the beginning of the Sea of Cortez. There are more than a dozen anchorages with white sand beaches and clear blue water located less than a day’s sail away. Come check us out!
Tom and Cindy are the team who lead and make you comfortable with the process of buying or selling in Mexico. They are respected and loved members of the cruising community in La Paz. Their honesty and integrity are much appreciated by buyers and sellers.
La Paz Yachts
Division of Mazatlan Marine Center
Tom & Cindy
Marina de la Paz
La Paz, BCS, Mexico 23000
Other Local (612) 123-1948
EMAIL US firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial and titling transactions are conducted in the US or Canada by licensed agents. An offshore purchase means great savings and the process is more hassle-free than you may think!
Call for details.
Please contact Tom Murray at 011 52 (612) 123-1948
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 40 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 0 in
LWL: 27 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 20000 lbs
Ballast: 7000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 5 in
Total Power: 25 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 1971
Engine Model: MD2B w/starter -generator
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 25 HP
Cruising Speed: 4 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (40 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 (38 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (18 Gallons)
- Standard factory finished interior layout.
- Boat was used as a factory model
- Drop leaf table in cabin supported by main bulkhead and a brass post.
- Settee on port and stbd side of cabin
- Pilot berth above stbd settee.
- U-shaped galley port side aft, with gimballed stove and top-loading refrigerator/freezer with counter top.
- Nav table stbd side aft, with drawers and cabinets underneath.
- Head on port side, fwd of main bulkhead.
- Double berth on port side of fwd cabin, single berth on stbd.
- Engine room aft, under cockpit.
- REFRIGERATION: Danfoss Supercold
- FREEZER: Adler-Barbour holding plate
- WATER SYSTEM: Pressure fresh water, manual salt water
- STOVE: Force 10 3-burner propane with oven
- SINK: Single porcelain
Navigation and electronics
- VHF: Lowrance Link 8 with DSC & AIS
- VHF #2: Standard Horizon HX851 handheld with DSC
- GPS: Lowrance LGG 2000
- DEPTH SOUNDER: Morrow S120B
- PLOTTER: Lowrance Globalmap 3700
- COMPASS: 2 Gemini Aquameter
- OTHERS: Firdell radar reflector
Sextant with almanac and reduction tables
- BATTERIES: House - (2) 6V Energy Power deep cycle 405 Ah, new 2015
Start - Durastart 12V, new 2014
Spare - BiMart 70 Ah, new 2014
405 total amp-hours
- BATTERY MONITOR: In distribution panel
- BATTERY SWITCH: Perko 2 bank selector
- INVERTOR: Xantrex Freedom 1800
- DOCKSIDE ELECTRICAL CABLE: 50 ft.
- INTERIOR LIGHTING: LED, new 2015
- ALTERNATOR: 55A internally regulated, new 2015
- AC VOLTAGES: 110V
- DC VOLTAGES: 12V
- BATTERY CHARGER: Xantrex Freedom 1800
- OTHER: New BSS distribution panel with 19 DC breakers, 12 AC breakers
- BILGE PUMP: (2) 3700 GPH electric (1) 28 GPM manual
- RAW WATER SEA STRAINER: Bronze
- FIRE EXTINGUISHING: Manual
- FUEL FILTERS: (2) Racor 500 dual system
- FUEL SHUT OFF: Stove , in-line engine
- HEAD TYPE: Overboard Wilcox Crittendon Skipper II
- HOLDING TANK: 18 gal. manual, new 2015
- PROPELLER: 3-blade, serviced 2015
- EXTRA PROPELLER: (1) extra 2-blade
- EXTRA SHAFT: (1)
- FULL SHAFT: Yes
- STEERING: Tiller and spade
- TRANSMISSION: Volvo MS with 2:1 reduction
- OTHER: Bosch electric starter/generator
Spare belts, gaskets, filters and impellers
Onboard tool/repair kit
Grinder, heat gun, cordless drill, power sonder, wrenches, drivers, pliers, clamps, etc.
Deck and Hull
- ANCHOR: 45 CQR with 270 BBB feet chain
- ANCHOR 2: 35 CQR with 60 feet chain and 200 ft. feet rope
- ANCHOR 3: 30 Kedge and 300 feet rope
- DINGHY: Astoria FG dinhy, Avon Redcrest inflatable.
Evinrude Fisherman 6.5 HP outboard
- BOW ROLLERS: 2 on bowspirt
- NAV LIGHTS: LED tricolor
- SPREADER LIGHTS: LED
- DECK LIGHTS: Yes
- LIFELINES: Yes, and 6 stanchions
- GATES: 2 midships
- LADDER: Swim
- RAILS: Aft quarter
- COVERS & CURTAINS: Dodger, new 2015. Cockpit awning, sail, winch, hatch and tiller covers, all Sunbrella
- DECK MATERIAL : Teak
- BOW PULPIT: SS
- OTHER : Storm drogue, charcoal grill
Jerry cans for diesel, gasoline and water
- MAIN: Yes
- JIB: 2
- STAYSAIL: 2
- STORM STAYSAIL: Yes
- YANKEE: Yes
- TYPES OF SAILS: Cruise equipped, Frang Schattauer
- SAIL AREA: 663 sq. ft.
- BACKSTAY ADJUSTER: No, running backstays
- WINCHES: (2) Lewmar ST - cockpit
(3) Barlow - mast
(1) Barlow - boom
- MAST: Wood, mast steps to spreaders, deck stepped. Repainted in 2015
- STANDING RIGGGING: Surveyed in 2015
- LINES LED AFT: Main, genoa and staysail sheets
- SPIN POLE: Yes
- WHISKER: Yes
- OTHER: Staysail boom, boom gallows, main sheet hoop on boomkin
New running rigging 2015
Main, stay and jib are tanbak red, restitched in 2013
Loads of spare running and standing rigging
- LIFEJACKETS: (4) Lifejackets
(2) Inflatables with harness + tethers
- LIFESLING: (1)
- USCG SAFETY PACKAGE: Yes
- STROBE: Yes
- EPIRB: ACR ResQLink with GPS, new 2015
- MOB POLE: Backstay mounted
- OTHER: (2) Sailing body harnesses
- RODS: 2
- REELS: 2
- ROD HOLDERS: 2
- FISHING GEAR & TACKLE: Yes
- OTHER: Handlines, 2 large nets, 2 gaffs, pole spear
- Owner's personal items
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.