- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Deale, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 249,000
THISTLE is a timeless Flag Blue classic Hinckley H-48 Yawl offered by Hinckley Yachts in Annapolis, Maryland whose sailing characteristics must be experienced. She was completely refitted in 2006, including new 2006 Yanmar engine, to comply with the stringent Bermuda offshore sailing regulations and also met the stringent requirements for the 2008 Newport to Bermuda Race. Great headroom, with a layout plan that includes Forward and Aft Staterooms and two Heads. Easily shown.
Specializing in Hinckley New and Used Boat Sales, please call me - Broker BRAD HOLBROOK, Cell: 404-406-9518 Office: 410-263-0095, or E-mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org for information on new and used Hinckley boats.
HINCKLEY BROKERAGE OFFICES:
- SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME:
- Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531
- Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531
- PORTSMOUTH, RI:
- Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 or email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005
- ANNAPOLIS, MD:
- Broker: Brad Holbrook Cell: 404-406-9518 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 410-263-0095
- Broker: Jennifer Richards Cell: 443-852-0707 or email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387
- Broker: Jennifer Richards Cell: 443-852-0707 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879
- HARBOR SPRINGS-MI:
- Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378
Please contact Brad Holbrook at 410-263-0095
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Bill Tripp Jr.
LOA: 48 ft 5 in
Beam: 13 ft 4 in
LWL: 34 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 11 ft 10 in
Displacement: 34000 lbs
Engine Brand: 2006 Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH3-TE diesel
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 210
Fresh Water Tanks: (200 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 8
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
THISTLE is a keel/centerboard Hinckley 48 Yawl and can sleep 8 in three cabins. This classic traditional interior has 6' 9" headroom in the main salon, is finished in varnished mahogany with varnished teak and holly sole and also has custom finished caned-locker doors.
Aft cockpit has varnished teak coamings, a forward bridge deck and pedestal wheel steering:
Cockpit binnacle has stainless steel “destroyer type” wheel steering:
Some cockpit amenities include:
Forward is the varnished teak hatch that leads to the interior accommodations below.
From the cockpit, down the aft companionway steps that lead into the Main Cabin with the Galley and Navigation Station port and starboard and the full-width Main Salon forward. Aft to port is the Master Stateroom with an Ensuite private Head. Next forward is the Forward Head and the Guest Stateroom forward most.
Interior is finished:
- Satin-varnished mahogany interior
- White overhead
- Varnished teak and holly sole.
- (2) Opening hatches, (4) ports (including two-opening ports) and the companionway hatch provide natural light and ventilation.
- Locker doors throughout have custom cane with varnished mahogany trim
Can sleep up to 8-persons in comfortable accommodations including:
- Aft Master Cabin, with ensuite head
- Navigation Station
- Main Salon
- Forward Head
- Forward Guest Cabin
AFT MASTER STATEROOM
Aft to port is the Master Stateroom that has a private ensuite Head forward to starboard.
The Master Stateroom features include:
- Wide berths are port and starboard.
- Drawer and drop-front storage under the berths.
- A seat is inboard the berth.
- Large hanging locker.
- Large opening port to the cockpit.
Ensuite Private AFT HEAD:
A solid mahogany door accesses the Owner's private head with shower.
- White Formica countertop
- Stainless steel sink with fixtures, including a hand-held telephone shower
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Marine head, plumbed to holding tank.
- Built-in waste bin
- Mirror over sink
- Locker storage outboard
NEXT FORWARD AMIDSHIP:
MAIN CABIN: Incorporates the Galley, Nav Station and Main Salon.
The Galley and separate Navigation Station are port and starboard next forward:
- Separated from the next forward full-width Main Salon by half bulkheads.
- Convenient to Cockpit and Dining area.
- Opening port in Galley and Nav Station
Amidship to port is the Galley, also convenient to the Dining area, and has a White U-shaped Formica countertop. Features include:
- Countertop double-hatch accessed 9-cu/ft. refrigeration (engine or 12-volt driven) with ice cube trays.
- Storage outboard
- Shipmate gimballed 3-burner propane stainless steel stove with oven - stove cover stowes behind stove.
- Lockers and shelf stowage outboard.
- Dome lights
- Integral mahogany handrail below the port
- Double stainless steel sink with fixtures, sprayer and pressure hot and cold water.
- Bin storage outboard the sink that is countertop hatch accessed.
- Storage under the sink
NAVIGATION STATION (Starboard):
Located opposite the Galley is the well-lit Navigation Station.
Nav Area features include:
- Mahogany nav table with white formica top and multiple chart drawer storage.
- Dome light
- Electronics mounted outboard
- Instrument gauges and switches
- Electrical breaker panel
- Opening port over.
- Integral mahogany handrail below the port
Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Autohelm 5000 autopilot with HD linear.
- Garmin hand-held GPS - with stainless steel mount at pedestal.
- Raytheon R-40 radar
- SEA SSB radio
- Icom IC-M45 VHF radio
- Handheld VHF radio
- Danforth 5” Constellation compass
- Naviman Wind Speed, Log, Anemometer, Depth Sounder
- Chart library - Block Island to Canada
- Satellite antenna mounted on mizzen
MAIN SALON, Amidship:
The full-width Main Salon offers:
- Area dining/entertaining and can sleep up to 4 persons
- Full 6' 9" headroom.
- Full-length port and starboard integral handrails under windows.
- 12-volt bulkhead lighting
- Opening overhead hatch with screen, allows more natural light and ventilation.
Port and starboard are:
- Cushioned settees/pull-out transom berths and a pilot berth outboard each settee.
- 6-Drawer storage under each fixed berth.
- Shelf outboard, port and starboard.
Hinckley gimballed, varnished mahogany dining table - with drop-leafs.
- Located centerline.
- Seats up to 8 people.
- The port forward bulkhead has a varnished mahogany bookcase.
- Forward starboard in the Main Cabin is a full-length hanging locker with shelves.
Located forward to port, the large separate Head has a solid mahogany door and is easily accessible by all forward accommodations.
This cabin features:
- Shower with mixing valve and hot and cold pressure water.
- White formica countertop on the varnished mahogany vanity.
- Stainless steel sink with fixtures and hot and cold pressure water
- Marine head has stainless steel custom holding tank with pump-out plumbing and “Y” valve.
- Waste bin
- Locker and drawer storage
- Electrical outlets
- Forced ventilation
This private Stateroom is finished in varnished mahogany and has a solid mahogany door.
- V-berth forward with cushions.
- Cushioned seat between.
- Drawers and stowage under berths.
- Shelves outboard
- Hanging locker aft starboard.
- Forward access to the divided chain locker forepeak.
- 12-volt bulkhead lights.
- Natural light and ventilation from opening hatch over.
SAILS & RIGGING
All Barient winches:
Newly installed (2006) panel for separate 12-volt DC electrical systems for starting and accessories:
Separate 12-volt DC electrical systems:
- (2) 6-volt starting batteries.
- (4) 12-volt 450-amp/hr house batteries.
110-volt AC electrical system:
- Shore power and shore power cord.
- LaMarche “Constavolt” battery charger.
- Prosine Xantrax 2-Kw Inverter/battery charger
Electrical circuit breaker panel includes:
Generator: Next Generation UCM2-515 generator - 175-hrs 7/2007.
2006 Yanmar Turbo 4JH3-TE diesel engine:
- 2001: Monel shaft and Max prop.
- 2000: Fuel gauges and senders
- (2) Engine alternators: 110-amp and 45-amp (Engine 45-amp alternator, rebuilt 2000).
- Allcraft 12-gallon hot water heater (new 2000) from engine or electrical system, located under the companionway steps.
- Little Wonder 8.5 gal/hr watermaker (New 2006)
- Stainless steel holding tank (new 2000) with pump-out plumbing for Y-valve.
- *Both heads rebuilt Winter 2000-1.
- Spare parts list includes: engine parts, steering cable, backstay, rigging items.
- Deck wash down systems.
- Engine-driven Jabsco bilge pump.
- Electric submersible bilge pump.
- Whale double-action bilge pump - by helm.
- Edson 18” diaphragm bilge pump.
- Fixed Halon automatic fire extinguisher.
- Portable fire extinguishers.
- Ideal electric windlass
- CQR 60# anchor - mounted forward in bow roller.
- Danforth 35# anchor
- (3) Anchor rodes
- Gale Rider anchor drogue
- Custom stainless steel boarding ladder.
- (2) Boat hooks
- Dock lines
- Bosun’s chair
- Tool kit and sail repair kit
- Fenders, with custom fender covers
- Hatch dodger
- Hatch covers - new 2006
- Dishes, utensils and galleyware
- Life jackets
- Search light
- Life sling
- First aid kit
- Flare kit
- Horseshoe life rings
- Avon 10’2” dinghy (2001)
THISTLE is captain maintained and ready to sail away today. She is easily seen in the water at her Oxford, Maryland location.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Hinckley Yacht Brokerage
Talaria 55 MY
Annapolis, MD, United States
Talaria 40 MKII
Easton, MD, United States