- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Buffalo, NY
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 21,900
Price Reduced $24,900 to $21,900 Seller will include full winter storage and winterization to a buyer!
Designed by Carl Alberg – a legendary American naval architect with 56 designs resulting in the construction of over 10,000 vessels – the Alberg 37 is a conservatively designed and very stable classic blue-water sailing vessel with long overhangs and a short full keel ending in a raked rudder. KISMET will provide its owner with extremely safe, comfortable, and carefree enjoyment.
Contact RCR Yachts listing broker Rick Lenard CPYB, 716-856-6314-Office, 716-472-4702-Cell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Rick Lenard at 716-856-6314
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 37 ft 0 in
Beam: 10 ft 1 in
LWL: 26 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 5 in
Displacement: 16800 lbs
Ballast: 6500 lbs
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine Model: 4-108
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 40 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (35 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (35 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (60 Gallons)
1. 2013 - All original interior cushions replaced with new custom-fitted cushions covered in a high quality Light Gray marine soft vinyl (Softside - Seabreeze Fog 852) with dark gray piping and dark gray accent pillows (a $4000 upgrade).
2. 2013 – Battery area relocated from engine bilge to a new battery box created under the port settee sized to accommodate a Group 27 Starting and Group 27 House Battery. Also added a new A/B/Dual high-current battery switch and new GUEST Charge Pro 10/10/20A Dual Battery Charger.
3. 2013 - New 30 Amp Shore power cord with new SS weatherproof bulkhead mounted shore power receptacle and a Blue Sea Systems AC power panel with AC Voltmeter, reverse polarity-indicating LED, 30-A main breaker, and three feeder breakers (20/15/15-A) for battery chargers, cabin convenience outlets, and AC-powered refrigeration.
4. 2014 – Added a new Side-Power, Model SEP80/185T, DC BOW TUNNEL THRUSTER with Variable Speed Control at Helm, includes 6 HP motor, Twin 5- Blade Props in 7.5” ID Fiberglass Tunnel, providing from minimal to 176 lbs. of maximum thrust for easy and carefree docking in all conditions (a $7000 upgrade).
A quarter berth and navigation station with chart storage are to Port; In the main cabin, a hinged full dining table folds against storage the forward bulkhead; The Port settee makes into a double berth; Aft is a pilot berth.
The port head has a hand-held shower and a mirrored sink with storage to port; A sliding door closes the head area and two door cabinets appear behind the head location. (NOTE: No toilet included as the old one was removed from the boat; however, a run of recently installed Raritan premium low odor hose from the head to the holding tank remains.)
The forward cabin has a door for privacy, a hanging locker and Vee berths with storage under and over.
Across to Starboard is a large hanging locker. (Which previously housed a 16,000 Btu air-conditioning unit.) The Starboard settee makes into a single berth; over is a storage area with shelves and a custom wine/liquor cabinet; followed by the galley consisting of a large countertop with a stow-able cover over the space for a future propane stove and oven and tank storage area; a 120V refrigeration ice box draining to the bilge, a microwave oven, and a sink over the engine compartment (NOTE: The galley sink and the head sink and shower currently function with city water only. The on-board pressurized water system needs attention.
The entire cabin is beautifully crafted in fine teak with the sole in teak and holly. Additional wood trim floor boards added as a Manufacturer option not included in standard models.
All original interior cushions replaced in 2013 with new custom-fitted cushions covered in a high quality Light Gray marine soft vinyl (Softside - Seabreeze Fog 852) with dark gray piping and dark gray accent pillows (a $4000 upgrade).
Bilge Area (under teak and holly inserts)
This area contains the fuel, water, and holding tanks. Emptying of excess water occurs 1) automatically by a new RULE Model 14A, 3700 gallon/hour bilge pump with a RULE Model 37A automatic float switch, and 2) manually by a lever-operated GUSHER bilge pump located in the cockpit.
1. Fusion AM/FM/Marine VHF/Bluetooth Stereo with surface mounted stereo speakers in cockpit well.
2. 12V plug just inside companion way for portables and hand-held search light.
3. Ritchie lighted Pedestal Compass.
4. Mizzen mast-mounted Shakespeare VHF fiberglass 3dB radome antenna with RG-8 type coax run near location of future VHF radio.
5. Standard Horizon SS-1 depth instrument with shallow alarm and bronze thru hull transducer
6. Standard Horizon Knot Log instrument with speed transducer
7. Garmin GPS-40 unit
8. Tacktick T-120 wireless wind transducer with MN-100 solar powered instrument display (on boat but currently not installed).
1. (1) Group 27 Starting Battery
2. (1) Group 27 House Battery
3. (1) Group 27 Starting Battery forward, with dedicated charger, to power Bow Thruster
4. New A/B/Dual high-current battery switch
5. New GUEST Charge Pro 10/10/20A Dual Battery Charger for starting and house batteries
6. 60 Amp Alternator for quick battery charging
7. 30 Amp Shore power cord with new SS weatherproof bulkhead mounted shore power receptacle and new internal cable to AC panel.
8. New Blue Sea Systems AC power panel with AC Voltmeter, reverse polarity-indicating LED, 30-A main breaker, and three feeder breakers (20/15/15-A) for battery chargers, cabin convenience outlets, and AC-powered refrigeration.
9. Lighting: Full complement of cabin lights.
10. Fore Deck spreader lights on mast; white Masthead light; Running deck lights; Lighted instrument panel.
Hull & Deck
The Hull is approximately one-inch thick solid fiberglass. The hull sides are the original brown/mustard yellow-colored gelcoat with a white cove stripe and white Interlux boot stripe; The hull bottom is smooth and completely blister free.
Decks and cockpit are white. The helm consists of an Edson steering pedestal with two wheels – a basic 26" metal destroyer wheel and an Edson, Model 603CH-26, 26" Teak Yacht Wheel with Teak Rim (a $3,100 upgrade). Also mounted at the pedestal are the fuel throttle control and the bow thruster control joy stick. A Edson teak cockpit table also attaches to the wheel shaft. A new stainless-steel swim ladder (stow able) attaches at either midships gate. A Dodger frame with white canvas and roll-up center eisenglass window protects the companionway and provides ventilation (NOTE: The dodger canvas and glass need renewing). The large port and starboard cockpit lockers contain an emergency tiller, various lines, the stow able swim ladder, and large and small Danforth anchors with chain and line. A 14” MAGMA stainless-steel grill is mounted on the stern rail.
KISMET also includes a steel cradle for out of water storage.
Sails & Rigging
All standing rigging wire and double lifelines in decent shape. Three (3) winch handles, (2) #27 Barlow two speed self-tailing primary winches, (2) #26 Barlow two speed secondary jib/spinnaker winches, (1) Barlow Cabin mounted winch and three halyard winches at main mast. Winch handle pockets at main and mizzen masts. Two Snatch Blocks for sheeting the roller furling head sail at bow. The Main and Mizzen Masts are both equipped with E-Z Furl On-mast Furling Systems for easy single handing. On-mast furling Dacron Main sail; On-mast furling Dacron Mizzen sail; Furling Dacron 140 Genoa and 110 Genoa; cruising spinnaker.
1978 Westerbeke 4-108, 40-HP, 4-cylinder Diesel auxiliary partially rebuilt in 2017 with less than 20 new hours; Engine panel with Tachometer, oil pressure and temperature gauges installed with engine; KISMET will easily power to 6.5 to 7.0 knots.
New Side-Power Model SEP80/185T DC BOW THRUSTER with Variable Speed Control at Helm added in 2014, includes 6 HP motor, Twin 5- Blade Props in 7.5” ID Fiberglass Tunnel, providing 176 lbs. maximum of thrust for easy and carefree docking in all conditions (a $7000 upgrade).
Dual Life Lines / Fire extinguisher / Throwable horseshoe buoy.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
For more information see: