- View Full Specifications
Extensively refitted example
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Baratti, Italy
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 20,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 21,738)
A Fantastic example of this achingly pretty S&S design. Extensively refitted in recent years, she is the perfect pocket cruiser with broad abilities for off-shore or racing. A huge amount of well-built yacht for not very much money.
The Yankee 30 is a beautiful sailboat, designed by Sparkman & Stephens (S&S design No. 1999) and originally built by Yankee Yachts in Santa Ana, California. The yacht is well suited to both racing and cruising, with a tall keel-stepped mast and high aspect sail plan to improve light airs performance, high ballast to displacement ratio to make them stiff and dry to weather, and a bustle and skeg-mounted rudder for ideal handling off the wind. Unlike highly engineered racing boats, the Yankee 30 is somewhat overbuilt. As a result she’s a very sturdy boat. Stability and an easy motion, whether sailing short-handed or with a crew make the Yankee 30 an ideal boat off-shore passages.
The Yankee 30 was produced from 1971-1975 by Yankee Yachts, during which time 132 of these boats were constructed. As a consequence of the oil crisis and rising cost of fiberglass resins in the mid-1970s and John Shumaker’s refusal to reduce the quality of his boats, Yankee Yachts ceased production in 1975.
- Our understanding is that the boat is exempt from the EU’s Recreational Craft Directive as she was first placed into use within the EEA prior June 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- The hull is one-piece, 100% hand layup fiberglass construction with a moulded in contrasting boot top and cove stripe
- The deck 100% hand layup construction with a 1/2″ balsa core and reinforced fastening areas for winches, stanchions, and other hardware sandwiched between fiberglass laminations.
- The deck is bolted and bonded to the hull by Yankee’s positive lip-over method.
Keel & Rudder:
- External cast lead ballast fin keel
- Keel refaired with WEST system - 2011
- Fully-skegged rudder
Engine & gearbox:
- Westerbeke 20B 20hp diesel engine - 1995
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours: approx. 1,400 as of February 2016
- Cruising speed – approx. 5 knots
- 12vDC domestic system
- 1x 12vDC engine start battery
- 12vDC service battery
- Charging of batteries is by alternator from engine
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- The Manual fresh water supply
- Manual bilge pump – replacement diaphragm 2011
- Seacocks replaced 2011
- Fuel tank
- Fresh water capacity is approximately 83 litres
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Steering compass
- 2-burner gas cooker with oven
- Marine heads - 2010
- Manual fresh water supplies in heads
- Mainly LED lighting is used and is located in all the important positions - 2011
Summary of Accommodation:
- Four berths in one cabin plus saloon.
- Twin berth in forward cabin.
- Heads aft to port
- Saloon with u-shaped seating to port and bench settee to starboard
- Chart area aft end of saloon to port
- Galley aft to port
- Interior extensively renovated and refitted 2010-12
- All interior woodwork in varnished teak
- Blue cloth upholstery
- Sloop rig with single set of spreaders
- Deck stepped mast
- Mast and boom repainted – 2011
- Standing rigging replaced - 2011
- Dyneema main halyard – 2011
- Running rigging replaced – 2011
- Genoa furling
- Block & tackle vang
- Adjustable mainsheet track on coachroof
- LED masthead light - 2011
- 2x mainsails
- North Sails 130% genoa -2010
- North Sails 110% jib – 2010
- Spinnaker with snuffer
- Pulpit and pushpit
- Double stainless lifelines.
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Anchor with chain
- Fenders & warps
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
- Blue canvas sprayhood
- Blue canvas bimini
- Side enclosures for bimini and sprayhood to create cockpit tent - 2010
Lying Baratti - Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715 Email: email@example.com
Please contact Alex Grabau at +44(0)1590 673715
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Yankee Yachts Inc.
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 9.16 m
Beam: 2.74 m
Maximum Draft: 1.52 m
Displacement: 3946 kgs
Ballast: 1873 kgs
Total Power: 20 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1995
Engine Model: 20B
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 20 HP
Number of single berths: 4
Number of heads: 1
Number of bathrooms: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.