- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Lowestoft, Suffolk, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 12,500 (US$ 15,581)
The Offshore 8m is a well proven van de Stadt design with well mannered seakindly performance - they are easy to sail with a good turn of speed. This outstanding example has been completely rebuilt and refurbished to a high standard and must rate as probably the best we've seen.
Viewing by appointment through our Suffolk Office 01473 659 681.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Offshore Yachts
Designer: EG van de Stadt
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 26 ft 3 in
Beam: 8 ft 0 in
LWL: 22 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 2 in
Displacement: 2310 kgs
Ballast: 925 kgs
Total Power: 13 HP
Engine Brand: Beta
Year Built: 1996
Engine Model: BZ482
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 13 HP
Cruising Speed: 5 knots
Maximum Speed: 6 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (22)
Fuel Tanks: (20)
The accommodation offers four berths in two cabins. In forecabin, V berth with stowage under. Opening hatch to foredeck. Full width heads compartment with marine toilet (new 2013) and washbasin. In saloon, two settee berths. The settee berths convert to a double berth if required. Removable saloon table. Chart table to starboard with galley opposite. Two burner gimballed gas hob with grill. Stainless steel sink with manually pumped water supply. 22 gallons freshwater capacity. Refrigerator. Eberspacher diesel fired hot air central heating. Curtains.
Located abaft the companionway, Beta BZ482 twin cylinder 13hp diesel engine (installed new in 1996). Electric start. Freshwater cooled via heat exchanger. Shaft drive to two bladed propeller. Rope cutter. Single lever control. 20 gallons fuel capacity in stainless steel tank giving approximately 250 miles range at 5 knots cruising speed. Maximum speed under power 6 knots.
- 2 x 12 volt batteries
- Alternator charging (new 2010)
- Adverc high capacity external regulator
- Aero 4 Gen wind generator
- 240 volt shorepower system
Spars & Sails
Masthead rigged sloop. Anodised aluminium mast and boom by Starlight. Stainless steel standing rigging 1986 (new forestay 2000). Detachable inner forestay for storm jib. Terylene running rigging. Slab reefing mainsail. Plastimo headsail furling system (1999). Spinnaker pole. Two Enkes halyard winches. Two Lewmar control line winches. Two Andersen 16 self tailing sheet winches. Two Andersen secondary sheet winches.
- Mainsail - fully battened - Jeckells - 2010 - very good
- Furling genoa - bi-radial - Hood - 1991 - good
- Storm jib - 1989 - good, unused
- Spinnaker (with snuffer) - Jeckells - 2012 - very good
- Spare genoa - Jeckells - 1986 - good
- 25lb CQR anchor with chain and warp
- 20lb CQR anchor with chain and warp
- Manual anchor windlass with cover
- Stainless steel coachroof grabrails
- Stackpack type sailcover, new 2010 by Jeckells with lazyjacks
- Cockpit spray dodgers
- Removable boarding ladder
- Various warps and fenders
- Winter storage cradle (old but serviceable)
- Canvas winter cover
- Sestrel compass
- Plastimo Contest compass
- Nasa windspeed and direction (2009)
- Nasa boatspeed and log (2009)
- Nasa depth (2009)
- Standard Horizon DSC VHF radio (2011)
- Autohelm 800 autopilot
- Furuno GPS
- Chart plotter
- Aries windvane self steering
- Clock and barometer
- Masthead and deck level navigation lights
- Three fire extinguishers
- Fire blanket
- Cockpit harness eyes
- Radar reflector
- Horseshoe lifebuoy with light
- Manual bilge pump
- Electric bilge pump
Built in 1970 by Offshore Yachts to a design by EG van de Stadt. White painted GRP hull with cove line stripe. Teak rubbing strake. White painted GRP superstructure with painted non-slip to deck. Long fin keel. Spade hung rudder. Tiller steering. Aft self draining cockpit. The previous owner bought the boat in 1981 and then laid her up ashore for five years to complete a major refit. This included the following work:
- The hull was stripped out to the bulkheads; stiffened and strengthened and an additional mast support added. New cockpit locker, new gas locker, access hatch for engine and stern gear with additional support under cockpit sole. The bilges were cleaned and epoxy coated and the remainder of the hull interior painted with Danboline bilge paint.
- New chainplates, seacocks and mostly new deck fittings, all reinforced underneath. New rubbing strake. Reconditioned pulpit and stemhead fitting. New anchor windlass.
- Interior furniture rebuilt to new layout in teak faced marine ply with solid teak cappings. New cabin sole. Bulkheads refaced. New berth cushions in main cabin. New cooker and marine toilet. New water system with stainless steel tank fitted giving a total capacity of 20 galons. Foot pump to galley and heads sinks. New wiring and lighting. New gas piping.
- Hull and keel below waterline sandblasted, faired and epoxy coated. Topsides, deck and coachroof resprayed. New windows.
- New instrument panel in cockpit. New battery installation.
- New standing rigging, including inner forestay for storm jib. New Plastimo 608 headsail furling system. Mast rewired. New VHF antenna
- New diesel engine, shaft coupling and propeller.
- Wind generator. New battery management system. New alternator. 240 volt shorepower system fitted.
As one the UK’s largest Brokers with over 330 boats for sale we are able to introduce you to Boat Insurance providers that offer all types of Boat Insurance including insurance for Yachts, Sailing Boats, Motor Cruisers, Narrowboats, Inland Waterway Craft, Barges, Houseboats, Speedboats, Rigid Inflatable Boats, Waterski Boats, Jet Skis, Personal Watercraft, Dinghies, Fishing Boats, Commercial Boats, Boats in Build or Refit.
Just call us to request an insurance quote for this boat or your current boat.
The company normally acts as broker for the vendor who unless otherwise stated is not selling in the course of a business. Whilst every care has been taken in the preparation of these particulars the correctness is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only and do not constitute a part of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check these particulars and where appropriate and at his own expense to employ a qualified marine surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability on our part.