- View Full Specifications
Eager - Nic 55
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hong Kong
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 750,000
Few racing yachts from the 1970's are as iconic as the Nicholson ("Nic" 55). Camper and Nicholsons were the British counterpart of Sparkman and Stephens and both legendary firms developed their pedigree and reputation during the early years of the America's Cup. Both firms excelled in developing racing yachts that had state of the art engineering combined with beautiful lines and designed some of the most beautiful yachts on the planet.
EAGER started life in 1970 as the first Nic 55 built for Lloyds of London and called Lutine. A sistership was purchased by the MOD (who still own her) and entered the first Whitbread Around the World Race. All Nic 55's raced in their days and won regular podium finishes.
In the 90's Lloyds sold her to become ACCLAIM continuing her life as a successful racing yacht. She was acquired by a yachting aficionado in 2007 and taken to Rutherfords Boat Shop in California, USA for a complete overhaul. Please view www. rutherfordboats.com to see a resume of the refit project. The refit included stripping her to a bare hull, fitting a new deck and interior and fitting a new carbon rig and rudder.
EEAGER's reconstruction aimed to recreate the yacht without losing her essential character but to benefit from modern technology and engineering to put her back in excellent condition for the foreseeable future.
EAGER is an excellent opportunity to own part of the racing glory of the 1970's with a head turning, fast, go anywhere performance yacht in style and elegance.
For more information and viewings please contact Bart J. Kimman at Bart.Kimman@NorthropandJohnson.com
Please contact Northrop and Johnson Asia at +852 2815 7712
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 16.41 m
Minimum Draft: 2.54 m
Maximum Draft: 41.0 m
Displacement: 8230 kgs
Total Power: 170 KW
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2009
Engine Model: 4LH-DTE
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 170 KW
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 9 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (190 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (180 Liters)
Holding Tanks: 1 (106 Liters)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Beginning with the bare hull, the longitude and transverse structures were supplemented with additional GRP to substantially strengthen and stiffen the hull.
The rig was redesigned and the chainplates, stem and stern fittings were replaced.
All hull coatings were removed and a new paint system above and below the waterline were applied.
The rudderskeg was rebuilt to accommodate a longer, better shaped rudder.
EAGER's deck, superstructure and cockpit were completely replaced. The engine was moved aft with a V drive resulting in more space in the interior. The cockpit is more efficient and the cabin entrance more user friendly!
All hatches, deck and rigging hardware,stanchions and bases,anchor roller, windlass, push and pulpits were replaced.
Her decks and cockpit have beautiful laid teak and teak toe rails. Her cabin top and sides are also fitted with laid teak.
For all intents and purposes EAGER has kept her 1970's character and beauty, but she is a new yacht.
The rig designed by Jim Antrim is 12' taller as the original mast which was restricted by the then important IOR Rule.
Halogen spreader lights ar fitted. A Harken mast track with ball bearing bat cars take care of the fully battened mainsail and lazy jacks. Rod rigging with PBO running backstays complement the rig. Additional equipment includes:
- GMT Composites carbon spi pole
- Solid SS Rod Kicker
- New standing rigging (Rod)
- New running rigging
- Moulded carbon shroud boxes
- Navtec hydraulicbackstay adjuster
- Harken MK4 3E Electric Halyard Winch
- 2x Lewmar 50ST at mast
- 1x Lewmar 30 ST at mast for reefing
- 1x Lewmar 48ST Electric for mainsheet
- 2x Lewmar 68ST Electric primaries
- 2x Lewmar 34ST secondaries
- Lewmar electric windlass with foot switches
- CQR 45lbs anchor on a stainless steel bow roller
- 150' high tensile steel anchor chain spliced to 150' 3/4" nylon mega braid rode
- Retractable mooring cleats
- Stainless steel Dorades
- Stainless steel stanchions, push and pulpits
- Custom single point mainsheet arrangement attached to cockpit table (teak)
- Retractable helm seat
- Original C&N Fairleads rechromed
- Bowman stainless steel hatches
- Full weather cover
- Pedestal, winch and coachroof covers
- Viking hard canister liferaft
- Tender and outboard
The list of equipment includes:
- New Yanmar 4LH-DTE 4 cylinder diesel engine rated @ 170 HP (125KW)
- Flexible coupling to an Aquadrive stainless steel shaft on V drive
- Twin Racor fuel filter system
- Complete overhaul of the original C&N designed steering system fitted with collapsable Lewmar steering wheel
- 12V DC /230V AC electrical systems
- 2x Climma marine aircon units (16,000 and 4,000 BTU)
- Electric heads (2x)
- Halogen lighting throughout
- Pressurised hot and cold water
- 4x Group 31 AGM batteries (house)
- 2x Optima 75 AH 900 CCA start batteries
- Mastervolt Mass GI 7,0 Isolating Transformer for AC
- Mastervolt 2000Watt invertor; 100 Amp charger
- Palmar M6-612 alternator / regulator
- Shore power cable
- Fisher Panda PMS 4200 Plus/60Hz / 220V/50 Hz AC generator
- 230V/60Hz ring main with sockets throughout the interior
- All wiring is marine grade tinned copper stranded
- Pressurised water system hot/cold
- Spectra MPC 5000 watermaker
- Bilge pumps in each hull section with monitors, aqua alarm and manual / auto overrides
- Propane gasbottles (2x) with solenoid switch
- Digital tank gauges for fresh, black and grey water tanks (110L each)
- Polyethylene tanks for grey and black water tanks with macerator pumps
The forepeak accommodates a chain locker, a sail storage area and access to the windlass motor. A deck hatch provides access .
Next aft is the Master Cabin with a Queen size bed, storage cabinets, hanging lockers, seat and desk and drawers under. A drop down TV is available. There is a bathroom adjacent with an electric toilet, sink and shower.
Aft to port is the Guest Cabin. The bed expands to a double with storage under. On SB side is the second bathroom with electric toilet, sink and shower.
The main salon incorporates the galley area. The galley is fully equipped with a U shaped Corian counter top, double sinks, refrigeration with top and front door access, a four burner Force Ten gimballed stove/oven/grill and plenty of storage cabinets and drawers.
Opposite the galley is a large comfortable seating area around a teak table with access to a pop up TV unit.
There are two quarter berths either side of the companion way with a large chart table to port and a wet locker.
The interior of EAGER is in period styling and finished to a very high yacht finish and is inviting, practical and comfortable at sea.
From her early spartan racing interior, she has developed a stylish family interior suitable for weekend sailing or blue water cruising.
- Ritchie Compass
- Ray marine E 80 and E120 Chartplotters
- Ray marine ST 602 Autopilot
- Ray marine ST 60 wind/speed/direction (2x)
- Icom M505 VHF
- Icom M80 1E SSB
- Sole CD Player
- Kenwood CK/Radio
- 2x flatscreen TV screens
- 1970 CAMPER AND NICHOLSONS 55 PERFORMANCE YACHT FORMERLY LUTINE
- SUCCESSFUL RACING HISTORY AND PEDIGREE
- 2009 REFIT LEFT NOTHING UNTOUCHED
- FAST YACHT SUITABLE FOR FAMILY WEEKENDS OR SERIOUS OFFSHORE RACING/CRUISING
- IN IMPECCABLE CONDITION
- LYING ASIA
- AS ICONIC AS A JAGUAR E TYPE!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Northrop and Johnson Asia Ltd
Custom Built Sy Asia
CAMPER and NICHOLSONS
Unknown, Hong Kong
Hong Kong, Hong Kong