1969 Hinckley 38
- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Port Townsend, WA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 69,900
La Rondine' is a timeless Hinckley H-38 classic. Her sleek, attractive lines a trademark of Sparkman Stephens designs. Quality construction and craftsmanship along with inner strength and performance have resulted in the ultimate racer with cruising capabilities. She's fast, responsive, well balanced, reliable, and well appointed! Pride of ownership evident in this vessel, as maintenance has always been a priority to her owners. The large cockpit, helm with Alpha Auto Pilot, Garmin Chartplotter, Raymarine sailing instruments and Furuno radar complete the full navigation package. Below deck, the light filled Salon with ample headroom features Philippine mahogany woodwork, three burner gimballed stove and oven, Scandvik stainless sinks and extra spacious Adler-Barbour frig./freezer for extended cruises. Understated elegance is the theme here. Berths available for up to six passengers, if you so choose. Rarely is a boat of this class available at such an affordable price!
La Rondine' is reference to an Italian opera by Puccini in which a palm reading predicts travel south in pursuit of romance and happiness- just like La Rondine', the swallow.
Please contact Sandy Bakken at SEA Marine for additional information or to arrange a viewing. Office: 360-385-4000 Cell: 503-475-0619 email: email@example.com
Please contact Sandy Bakken for additional information or to arrange viewing.
Office: 360-385-4000 Cell: 503-475-0619
Please contact Sandy Bakken at (360) 385-4000
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1975
Engine Model: 4-107
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2000
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 40 HP
Vessel Model: H-38
Designer: Sparkman Stephens
Year built: 1969
LOA: 37' 6"
Beam: 10' 6"
Draft: 6' 0"
Displacement: 17,500 lbs.
Keel: Lead - 6000 lbs.
Beautiful satin varnished Philippine mahogany interior with teak and holly sole. Forward cabin has a “V” berth with comfortable cushions and a Lexan hatch for light and ventilation. A hanging locker is to starboard with a bureau, drawers, and storage to port. Access to the chain locker is through a hinged door forward.
Aft to port is a Wilcox Crittenden Skipper head plumbed with a “Y” valve for holding tank or overboard discharge. The Scandvik stainless steel sink plumbing includes a flexible shower head. The shower has a curtain and a separate sump pump. To starboard are two hanging/storage lockers.
The main cabin has two upper pilot berths and two lower pull-out settee berths, each with lee cloths and drawers between. A mahogany folding table is hinged to the bulkhead.
Aft from the main cabin is the galley which includes a gimballed three burner stove and oven, refrigerator/freezer, hot/cold pressure water, and alternate foot pump for fresh water. The water heater has a 6 gallon capacity, heated by 110 v. or the engine. Spacious Formica counter tops are trimmed with varnished teak.
- Beautiful interior; complete refit with all new sinks, light fixtures, plumbing, countertops, portlight acrylic, portlight screens, stripped all mahogany/teak and teak/holly sole and refinished with satin varnish (2008/2009)
- Scandvik stainless sinks
- Water filter for galley sink
- Adler-Barbour 12v. refrigerator/freezer with well insulated box
- Excellent cabin lighting
- Chart light (white or red)
- Sunbrella UV resistant cabin curtains on all portlights
- Built-in CD/stereo with speakers
- Chelsea Barometer
- Westerbeke 4-107 diesel: ~ 2000 hrs
- Racor primary fuel filter prior to engine filter
- Balmar 60 amp. alternator
- Alpha Systems smart regulator
- Engine instruments replaced with VDO brand
- Dripless shaft seal
- Engine has been well maintained with meticulous records
- Fresh water: two tanks totaling approx. 140 gals
- Fuel: 35 gallon Monel tank
- Holding: polyethylene, under “V” berth, Mansfield TDX system
- Blue Sea Systems 110 v. panel under companionway
- Multiple 110 v. outlets with GFCI
- House bank batteries: Deka Gel deep cycle batteries - total 408 amp/hrs approximately 1 yr. old
- Starting bank: Group 31 AMG battery
- Xantrex TRUEcharge™ 40 amp. charger for house bank
- Xantrex Smart Charge 20 amp. charger for starting bank
- Replaced all wiring to/from batteries and many other areas with properly sized, multi strand tinned Ancor copper wire and fittings, heat shrink at fittings, wires numbered with tracing log
- Blue Sea high amp. breakers on outgoing wiring from battery selectors
- Raymarine ST-60 sailing instruments
- Furuno radar visible from helm
- Garmin 740s color plotter at helm
- Standard Horizon VHF wired to GPS for long./lat. position for DSC distress signal
- Standard Horizon remote MIC at helm
- Alpha Auto Pilot with second controller at helm and remote control
- Weems & Plath night watch clock
- Secondary depth sounder with cockpit and cabin display
Rigging and Sails
- North Main
- North 125 Genoa
- 115 Yankee
- Working Jib
- Storm Jib
- Hood Spinnaker
- Harken MKII furler
- All standing rigging replaced with 316 stainless (2009/2010)
- All rope halyards
- Primaries, Main sheet, and Main halyard winches recently replaced with Lewmar Ocean Series ST winches
- All lifelines replaced with 316 stainless (2010)
- Mast rewired (2009)
- Stainless bails added for radome and steaming light (2009)
- LED Tri-Color at Masthead
Deck / Cockpit
- Ideal V-2Q anchor windlass with Approx. 250' chain/rope wildcat; power up/down
- Deck wash pump with filter
- Leather cover for helm wheel
- Portlight acrylic and screens replaced (2009)
- Teak doors for companionway, varnished, with covers
- Screen doors and Lexan doors for companionway with covers
- Sunbrella covers for all exterior teak
- Sunbrella full boat winter cover Functions but needs TLC
- Switlik MD2-6H six person raft with dual floor and hard canister with hydrostatic release; includes custom Sunbrella cover; stored inside and in near new condition
- Aluminum cabin top mount for Switlik life raft
- EchoMax radar reflector
- Horseshoe flotation buoy with stainless steel mount
- High water alert
- Carbon monoxide sensor in cabin
- Two automatic bilge pumps
- Two manual bilge pumps
- Bottom has been stripped, faired, and barrier coated
- All thruhulls serviced
List available upon request
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.