- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- St. Simons Island, GA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 89,500
WEST OF THE MOON is the only Alden Caravelle built at Roger Morse's boatyard in Thomaston, Maine. She was built in 1969 and is believed to have had only three owners during her 47 years. Her present owner purchased her in 1998 and has maintained her carefully. Please note that her hull was recently Awlgripped white. The teak interior joinery is exquisite and these "Classic" yawls are well-known for their fine sailing characteristics, even winning Bermuda races in their class. WEST OF THE MOON has had a recent significant price reduction. Please call us if you wish to get aboard and thank you for your interest.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 42 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
WEST OF THE MOON
Builder: Roger Morse, Thomaston, ME
Designer: John G. Alden
LOA: 41 ft 7 in
Beam: 11 ft 0 in
LWL: 28 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 10 in
Displacement: 20000 lbs
Total Power: 37 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine Model: 4-107
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 37 HP
HULL & DECK:
• 2014 White Awlgripped hull, dark blue boottop, green bottom.
• Solid fiberglass hull, built to Lloyd's specifications, with off-white solid fiberglass non-skid decks.
• Varnished teak trunk cabin and exterior teak trim; presently being refinished.
• Binnacle wheel steering with varnished mahogany wheel.
• 2006 rebuilt rudder.
• 2004 bottom was stripped and Epoxied; painted with bottom paint every two years.
• Two deck hatches with covers.
• Laid and caulked teak cockpit.
• Teak lazarette and horizontal propane bottle locker.
• Varnished teak toerails.
• Double lifelines, double gates, S/S stanchions, bow and stern rails.
• Two bronze vents on teak dorade boxes; one bronze vent on foredeck; on bronze vent on lazarette.
• Toast-colored bimini and older beige Dodger.
• Fixed portlights, except one opening port in head.
Fuel: approximately 40 gallons in fiberglass tank.
Water: 100 gallons in 2 fiberglass tanks.
Holding: 25 gallons in bladder tank (never used).
• 1972 Westerbeke 4-107, 37 hp diesel, FWC (engine rebuilt spring 2017).
• Pedestal wheel steering.
Cruising speed: 6 knots @ 2000 RPM.
• 12V system.
• 2-12V heavy duty batteries.
• 55 amp alternator.
• Hot water heater (original).
• For six in a superb satin-varnished teak interior with teak and holly sole, and exquisite teak joinery; there is a tiled Simpson Lawrence fireplace on the main bulkhead.
• Forward is the vee berth with filler.
• Aft to port is an enclosed head with sink, W.C., and shower.
• Opposite is a large hanging locker.
• The main cabin sleeps four with pilot berths and extension berths, with a drop leaf table between.
• The galley is aft with a S/S Shipmate LPG stove and oven, S/S sink on centerline with hot and cold pressure water, 12V Adler Barbour refrigerator, and icebox to starboard which doubles as a Nav table.
• Standard Horizon VHF radio.
• Autohelm 7000 autopilot.
• Autohelm ST70 Tridata depth/speed/log.
SAILS & RIGGING:
• 2002 Main & mizzen, by North Sails.
• 2002 110% hank-on jib by North Sails.
• Hood drifter.
• Some older Hood sails.
• Jiffy reefing on main.
• 2 Barient 28 sheet winches.
• 2 bronze ratchet secondary winches.
• Varnished Sitka spruce main and mizzen masts and booms.
• 2011 S/S standing rigging and Dacron running rigging.
• AM/FM stereo.
• Bronze bow roller.
• Automatic bilge pump.
• Custom teak boarding ladder.
• New 2015 inflatable roll-up dinghy with 2015 2 cycle Mercury outboard.
• 75 lb Yachtsman's anchor with rode.
• Handheld searchlight.
• 2 horseshoe life rings.
• Ship's bell.
• 18 lb Danforth anchor with rode.
• Nav lights.
• Anchor light.
• 6 life jackets.
COMMENTS: WEST OF THE MOON is the only Alden Caravelle built at Roger Morse's boatyard in Thomaston, Maine. She was built in 1969 and is believed to have had only three owners during her 47 years. Her present owner purchased her in 1998 and has maintained her carefully. Please note that her hull was recently Awlgripped white. The teak interior joinery is exquisite and these "Classic" yawls are well-known for their fine sailing characteristics, even winning Bermuda races in their class. WEST OF THE MOON has had a recent significant price reduction. Please call us if you wish to get aboard and thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.