- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Salem, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 72,000
WHIMSEY is a handsome, dark blue 35' Hinckley Pilot Sloop which is in first class condition. She is Hull #101 of the Pilot Series, and has always had caring ownership. Her present owner purchased her in 2013, and she has been kept indoors every winter since at an excellent New England boatyard, where her brightwork has been impeccably maintained. Numerous wiring and plumbing upgrades were done prior to 2013 and a new 2011 Autopilot and Raymarine C90 Radar-GPS were installed. Previously (years unknown) her hull, decks and cabin trunk were Awlgripped (her hull topsides now have some chips in paint) and her bottom was blasted and epoxy-coated, new vacuflush freshwater head was installed, standing rigging replaced and a new fuel tank installed. A great deal of care and attention have been lavished on this Sparkman & Stephens “Classic”. We thank you for you for your interest and shall be pleased to get you aboard.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 42 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450.
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Hinckley Company, SW Harbor, ME
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
LOA: 35 ft 9 in
Beam: 9 ft 6 in
LWL: 25 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 13500 lbs
Ballast: 4200 lbs
Total Power: 43 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 1988
Engine Model: 2003T
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 43 HP
HULL & DECK:
- Flag blue hull, gold cove stripe, white boottop, red bottom (awlgripped dark blue prior to 2007).
- Hull # 101.
- Ablative Interlux Pacifica bottom paint.
- 1998 bottom sandblasted and barrier coated.
- White awlgrip deck and trunk cabin with nonskid on deck surfaces.
- Epiphanes varnished teak exterior brightwork in excellent condition.
- Hull is hand laid fiberglass and set in a 6” flange in the hull, then fiberglassed and bolted; this method forms a permanent hull/deck joint.
- Decks are solid fiberglass with no core.
- House and cockpit are moulded in one piece with core construction.
- Full keel, external lead ballast and attached rudder.
- There are recessed deck scuppers in deck and cockpit sole.
- 4,200 lb. external lead keel is fastened with ¾” Everdur bolts.
- Varnished teak aft lazarette and propane locker boxes and covers, toerails, handrails, and Dorade boxes.
- S/S bow and stern pulpits.
- S/S stem head with integral chocks and 2008 bow roller fabricated.
- S/S stanchions with double lifelines and double gates.
- Opening hatch with white translucent cover and screen.
- 4 large windows and five 5 ports - 1 port is opening with screen in head.
- 2 chrome dorade ventilators.
- S/S genoa tracks mounted on toe rails.
- Fiberglass sea hood for companionway hatch cover.
- Cockpit has a bridge deck and nonskid on seats and sole.
- Varnished teak cockpit coamings with molded winch handle pockets.
- S/S boarding ladders folds down from genoa tracks.
- Replaced gasket for opening port.
- Edson pedestal steering.
- Edson 26" stainless steel destroyer-type steering wheel with varnished teak rim.
- S/S binnacle guard with custom winch handle holder.
Fuel: 30 gallons in new S/S tank.
Water: 70 gallons in 2 S/S tanks; main water tank new 1999.
Holding: yes, (capacity unknown) with tank watch gauge and electric macerator pump with deck pumpout.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- 1988 Single Volvo 2003 T diesel, 3 cylinder, 43 hp turbo-charged, FWC.
- 1194 hours as of 5/16.
- 16” x 11” LH three bladed bronze prop.
- Single engine controls - Morse with throttle and forward/reverse.
- S/S shaft.
- 3-bladed fixed propeller; razor cutters on shaft.
- 2011 new fuel pump.
- 2008 new fuel manifold and new fuel hoses.
- 2007/2008 engine compression was checked and found in excellent condition.
- New saltwater intake seacock on engine.
- Racor fuel filter.
- Engine alarms.
- Engine compartment blower.
- Automatic fire extinguishing system for engine compartment.
- 12V DC/110V AC.
- Replaced 110V with GFI.
- 2-Group 31 12V batteries, with new battery cables.
- Raritan Crown 20 battery charger.
- 1989 Bass electrical breaker AC-DC panels.
- 30 amp shore power with shore cord.
- 80 amp engine alternator charges batteries.
- 6 gallons S/S Allcraft hot water heater.
- Battery selector switch.
- All standing rigging and electronics are grounded to the keel by means of heavy copper strapping.
- Three-step companionway leads to the interior accommodations below.
- Two-cabin plan has an interior finished in White with varnished mahogany trim and locker doors.
- Overhead is painted awlgripped white and the sole is solid teak and holly with varnish finish.
- Interior plan includes: Main Cabin - includes the Galley/Nav Area and the Main Salon, Private Head, Forward Cabin, Forepeak area includes a chain locker and gear storage area, and a vee berth.
- The Main Cabin - includes the Galley/Nav Area and the Main Salon.
- Opening companionway hatch.
- Four large ports and one small port.
- Port and starboard 12V bulkhead lighting.
- Pleated fold-up shades - easily removed for cleaning.
- Bottom step of companionway has a S/S waste receptacle.
- Main cabin aft has a full-width galley.
- White formica countertop with teak trim.
- 12V lights are mounted over the countertop.
- Lockers including dish storage and utensil storage drawer.
- Cabin sole includes a dustpan with teak grate.
- Aft lower bulkhead below countertop removes for easier access to mechanical systems.
- Hillerange gimballed stainless steel 3-burner propane stove with oven with window.
- Matching formica stove cover - Additional workspace when stove is not in use.
- 2-volt Marinetics battery switch.
- Storage under stove.
- Single S/S sink with hot and cold pressure.
- Single handle fixture with hot and cold pressure water.
- Hand pump - fresh water hand pump.
- Varnished teak glass holder.
- Varnished teak paper towel holder.
- Propane shutoff.
- Countertop hatch accessed 7.5-cu/ft. icebox is stainless steel-lined with teak grate and shelf.
- Double 110V outlet on bulkhead.
- 12V and 110V breaker panel with selector switch on bulkhead - includes converter and hot water switch.
- The starboard icebox countertop can be used as a chart table.
- A chart locker is mounted above the countertop.
- Forward of the Galley area is the Main Salon, separated by a varnished mahogany half bulkhead.
- The full-width Salon area is set-up as an entertaining and a dining area as well as offering storage and sleeping accommodations for two.
- Settee/transom berth is port and starboard.
- Medium Blue Ultrasuede fabric covers the bottom and back cushions.
- Storage is under and behind the berths - accessed through varnished mahogany doors.
- 12-volt lighting is bulkhead mounted at each end of the settees.
- Varnished mahogany shelf is over outboard each settee.
- Fold-down varnished mahogany dining table is mounted on the forward bulkhead to port, and can seat six.
- Varnished mahogany handrails under ports.
HEAD (Forward to port):
- Solid mahogany door offers privacy.
- Solid fiberglass sole for easy cleaning.
- Opening portlight with screen.
- Varnished mahogany integral handrail below opening port.
- Laminate countertop with varnished fiddle.
- S/S sink with fixtures.
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Sealand Vacuflush head with holding tank (1998) and Y-valve system, and all new head hoses in 2007.
- Large linen locker.
- Mirror with varnished mahogany trim.
- Toilet paper holder.
- Towel hooks.
- Varnished teak grate on sole.
- Forward is the Owner's Cabin with a solid mahogany entry door.
- Vee berths have a custom mattress covered in Medium Blue Ultrasuede.
- Seat between has a matching cushion.
- Shelves outboard over the berths; varnished mahogany hull ceiling.
- More storage is accessed through two vented varnished mahogany doors below the starboard berth.
- Two door hanging locker aft to starboard.
- Bookshelf is above the hanging locker.
- Overhead double-opening white translucent hatch with screen offers extra light and ventilation.
- Portlights are forward, port and starboard with pleated, pull-down shades.
- 12V bulkhead lighting.
- Binnacle mounted Danforth compass with chrome cover, rebuilt 2010.
- Simrad AP 6000 ST autopilot.
- Autohelm Windspeed/Point, Depth, Speed and Log - pedestal mounted.
- Autohelm ST50 tridata knotmeter/depthsounder.
- Autohelm ST 50 wind.
- 2011 Raymarine C90 Radar-GPS-Plotter.
- RFC35 Fluxgate compass.
- Garmin Map 76, mounted below.
- 2002 Horizon Maxi VHF, mounted below.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- 1998 North Mainsail - Full batten with white mainsail cover.
- 1996 Halsey 120% - Dacron.
- 1991 Halsey 135% Tri-radial Genoa - with foam luff, furling marks and sun shield.
- Bohndell MPS - with sock.
- 90% working jib (very good shape).
- Hinckley fabricated aluminum spars (White Awlgripped).
- 1994 Spruce spreaders.
- S/S 1 x 19 wire standing rigging to swaged terminals and turnbuckle tensioners, replaced prior to 2007 (exact year unknown).
- Hall Quickvang.
- 1992 Harken mainsheet traveler, mounted aft of helm.
- 1998 Harken jib roller furling.
- 1998 Dutchman mainsail system with lazy jacks and full battens (good condition).
- 1998 Hinckley custom low profile genoa blocks.
- 2012 Rebedded chainplate covers and checked bolts.
- Bohndell Sailmakers checked, washed and repaired sails in 2011.
- Varnished teak shroud rollers.
- Masthead tricolor light with anchor light and strobe.
- Twin spreader lights.
- Forespar lightning protector.
- 2 Primaries: Self-tailing Barient 27 sheet winches in cockpit.
- Main halyard winch - Self-tailing chrome, Barient.
- Jib halyard winch - Self-tailing chrome, Barient.
- Barient winch handles.
- 2010 Dodger - White with windows and S/S frame by Aurora Sailmakers.
- Varnished folding cockpit table.
- 10 lb LPG aluminum tank.
- Cockpit sunshade with folding pole - mounted on boom.
- Par water pressure pump.
- Par sump pump.
- 1994 Automatic electric bilge pump with manual override.
- (2) Whale hand operated bilge pumps - cockpit and main cabin with extended handle.
- Emergency tiller system.
- Companionway to the interior accommodations is teak trimmed with varnished teak companionway. boards and screens.
- Radar reflector.
- White cover for helm and instruments on binnacle.
- Folding varnished mahogany boarding ladder in custom canvas pouch.
- White covers for handrails, dorade boxes, lazarette and propane boxes and forward hatch.
- 4 life jackets.
- 2 fire extinguishers.
- 2008 anchor roller fabricated.
- 15 lb Danforth anchor with rode.
- 35 lb CQR Plow with 200´ rode and chain lead.
- 20 HT Danforth.
- Docking lines.
- Fenders with covers.
- Boat hook.
- Varnished teak stern and ensign and staff.
- Signal flags.
- 1 Propane tank.
- Snatch blocks.
- White fitted cockpit cushions.
COMMENTS: WHIMSEY is a handsome, dark blue 35' Hinckley Pilot Sloop which is in first class condition. She is Hull #101 of the Pilot Series, and has always had caring ownership. Her present owner purchased her in 2013, and she has been kept indoors every winter since at an excellent New England boatyard, where her brightwork has been impeccably maintained. Numerous wiring and plumbing upgrades were done prior to 2013 and a new 2011 Autopilot and Raymarine C90 Radar-GPS were installed. Previously (years unknown) her hull, decks and cabin trunk were Awlgripped (her hull topsides now have some chips in paint) and her bottom was blasted and epoxy-coated, new vacuflush freshwater head was installed, standing rigging replaced and a new fuel tank installed. A great deal of care and attention have been lavished on this Sparkman & Stephens “Classic”. We thank you for you for your interest and shall be pleased to get you aboard.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Other Boats from Gray & Gray Yacht Brokers, Inc.
Sou'wester K/CB Sloop
Yarmouth, ME, United States
H-41 Competition Sloop
Oxford, MD, United States
Bermuda 40 Yawl
Wiscasset, ME, United States