ILARIA, a magnificent Marconi cutter designed by Jack Laurent Giles was built in 1967 by the Beconcini yard in La Spezia. Following the experience of NINA, MIRANDA IV and MIRANDA V, she is a boat absolutely designed for the Mediterranean, not only by virtue of her performance but especially in her style - that of very good - and understated good taste.
Between 2000 and 2001 the boat was fully renovated and restored by the same shipyard that built her, also taking the opportunity to update, enhance and add to the facilities, optimising her comfort and safety for the present day.
We are dedicated to sharing our knowledge, experience, enthusiasm and empathy with you our existing and prospective clients. Whether you want to buy or to sell we list a wide range of yachts; sail and motor - aiming always to ensure your search should be neither confusing nor time wasted.
Our own website is
Our email address is
Please contact Barney Sandeman at +44 (0)1202 330077
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 51 ft 10 in
Beam: 11 ft 6 in
LWL: 34 ft 9 in
Length on Deck: 51 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 10 in
Displacement: 37400 lbs Half Load
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
These particulars have been prepared from information provided by the vendors and are intended as general guide. The purchaser should confirm details of concern to them by survey or engineers inspection. The purchaser should also ensure that the purchase contract properly reflects their concerns and specifies details on which they wish to rely.
ILARIA, a magnificent Marconi cutter designed by Jack Laurent Giles was built in 1967 by the Beconcini yard inLa Spezia. Following the experience of Nina, Miranda IV and miranda V, she is a boat absolutely designed for theMediterranean, not only by virtue of her performance but especially in her style - that of very good - and understated good taste.
Between 2000 and 2001 the boat was fully renovated and restored by the same shipyard that built her, also taking the opportunity to update, enhance and add to the facilities, optimising her comfort and safety for the present day. Her external mahogany recently stripped back to bare wood and re varnished with 10 coats leaves her gleaming.
- Mahogany longitudinal strip planking and diagonal planking copper fastened - Iroko and Honduras mahogany keel - Bronze floors mid section and acacia fore and aft - Teak deck over ply sub deck - Bronze mast step
- (Detailed large scale drawings and plans by Laurent Giles available with the yacht)
Accommodation and Domestic Equipment
- Sliding hatch offset to starboard in coach roof and companionway steps down - Generally spacious and well lit accommodation furnished in varnished mahogany - White painted deck head - Whitesoft furnishings - Doorway aft to chart area, navigation instruments - Aft cabin; 2 x single berths each side - Forward to saloon - Large dinette in saloon for 8 persons seating either side of drop leaf table - Settee to starboard is usable as a berth - Substantial stowage out board and below settees - Semi bulkhead to port and doorway starboard to galley port side - Galley with Alpes Inox 3 burner gimballed hob with oven - Frigomar fridge - Stainless steel sink with H&C water - Doorway starboard to head in varnished teak with shower and electric WC - Cabin forward with generous single berths each side; substantial stowage under - Separate crew cabin in fore cabin with single berth, WC and wash basin
Rig Spars and Sails
- Velscaf aluminum mast and boom 2001 - Stainless steel standing rigging 2001 - 5 x ST halyard winches on mast - Demountable synthetic staysail forestay - Hydraulic vang and backstay tensioner - Running backstay in spectra (with white textile sock, 2011)
Sails by Doyle in tri radial cut Dacron (Sent to sail maker every year for wash and repair) - Furling Genoa 2008 - Staysail - Yankee - Mainsail 2004 - Gennaker 2006; not much used with sock - Lazy jacks
Deck Equipment and Ground Tackle
- Opening pulpit - Stainless steel stanchions and guard rail with gates each side aft - High bulwarks full length of deck - Opening pushpit - Teak gangway ladder - Teak swimming ladder (stern and bow) - 32 Kg CQR anchor - 80 m x 10mm chain - Chain wash pump - 1500 W Lewmar electric windlass 2007 - Opening hatches foredeck and mid deck and deck lights - Deck cleats fore and aft - 4 x Barlow original sheet winches 1967 by cockpit - Cockpit - Helm wheel set into bridge deck with deck lights inset - Chain storage in steel chamber with discharge outboard - 3 m tender with 8 HP outboard engine - Demountable folding cockpit table - Assorted cushions and covers
Mechanical Electrical and Tankage
- Volvo Penta 80 hp Turbo (2008) - Mechanical gearbox - Folding variable pitch propeller - Dual Fuel filter, decanting tank - Engine operated bilge pumps - Steering system with direct cardan joint + emergency tiller - 4 Kw generator 2008 - Batteries 2010 - Circuits 24 V, 12 V and 220 V - 2 x chargers, 2 x inverters, - Shore power 220 V - Hot and cold water with electric pump - Foot pump for sea water - Electric shower on deck - 24 V 70 litre per hour water maker - Water tanks 77 gallon / 350 litre 2008 - Diesel tank 55 gallon / 250 litre 2008. - Shaft line revision (2012)
Navigation Communication and Electronics
- B & G 2000 - 2 x Raymarine GPS and chart plotter repeated at chart table - Raymarine radar - Raymarine autopilot - Steering compass - 2 x Constellation compass - AIS, - Sailor VHF - TV
- 2 x automatic electric bilge pumps - 1 x emergency manual bilge pumps - Other equipment as specified by RINA and Italian law (life jackets, life raft , fires, fire extinguisher)
Completely renovated by Beconcini yard in 2001, 2002, 2006, 2008 - Engine - Sails - Mast rigging - Deck - Plumbing - Electrical systems - Interior - Hull and rudder refurbishment 2011 - Propellor shaft line revision 2012