- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- South Portland, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 17,500
ARIADNE is a 1966 34´ Morgan K/CB Sloop that fits the apt description of an “oldie but goodie”. She was heavily constructed of solid fiberglass and her displacement weight of 12,500 lbs proves it. She was designed by Charley Morgan during the period when a sailboat, first and foremost, had to be pretty. She has a sweeping sheer with a long stern overhang typical of the CCA-designs. She will run down wind at just over 7 knots. Her present owner purchased her in 2012 and has sailed her in the Casco Bay area of Maine With her shallow draft, she makes an ideal gunk-holer, and her long, comfortable cockpit provides a perfect space for outdoor living. This fine “Classic” Sloop will bring many more years of coastal cruising. Please call for your inspection of this very clean, well-maintained vessel.
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Morgan Yachts, St. Petersburg, FL
Designer: Charley Morgan
LOA: 34 ft 0 in
Beam: 10 ft 0 in
LWL: 25 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 1 in
Displacement: 12500 lbs
Ballast: 5000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 3 in
Total Power: 30 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 1993
Engine Model: M30
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 30 HP
HULL & DECK:
• Solid hand laid up fiberglass hull.
• Original gelcoat of light aqua blue, white boot top, blue bottom.
• White moulded fiberglass decks and cabin trunk.
• Teak exterior trim finished in Sikken Cetol finish and included teak toerails, handrails, cockpit sole, cockpit coamings.
• Bronze centerboard (approx. 260 lbs) pennant, sheaves, and pipe holding pennant, all replaced in 1997.
• Self-bailing aft cockpit with Edson pedestal wheel steerer.
• Single lifelines, S/S stanchions -lifelines new in 2013.
• S/S bow and stern rail.
• Stripped bottom paint off and installed Interlux Act ablative paint.
• 2 Dorade ventilators.
• One deck hatch over vee berths.
• Very large aft cockpit with storage lockers port and starboard, and lazarette aft.
Fuel: 30 gallons in Monel tank aft of engine.
Water: 40 gallons in Monel tank under vee berth.
Holding: 15 gallon poly tank under vee berth.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
• 1993 Perkins M30 diesel, 3 cylinder, 30 hp, FWC, with unknown engine hours.
• 2012 new transmission with less than 20 hrs.
• 2012 new exhaust elbow and hoses.
• 2012 new raw water strainer.
Cruising speed: 6 knots under power.
• 12V/110V electrical systems. 110V system is disconnected.
• Two 12V batteries: one 100 amp engine start battery, new 2015; 100 amp house batteries, new 2016.
• Fused electrical panel.
• Insulated backstay for SSB.
• Lightning ground system.
• Shore power cord.
• Vapor proof battery switch.
• For 6 in improved Herreshoff-style interior over the original wood-grained laminate.
• Present owner painted most all laminate areas in white paint and varnished the trim for a very bright and pleasing-looking interior.
• Vee berths forward (6´6” long) with shelves aboard and storage lockers below, a hatch overhead.
• Next aft is an enclosed head (new head and hoses in 2012) with sink, cold pressure water, lockers, and manual head with y-valve to discharge overboard or to divert to a holding tank. There’s a deck fitting to empty tank.
• Opposite the head is a large hanging locker.
• The main salon has an L-shaped dinette (converts to a double berth) to port, with storage outboard and under, and a varnished dining table.
• Opposite the dinette is the side galley with an Origo alcohol two burner stove and oven, an icebox, a S/S sink with cold pressure water, and numerous lockers.
• Next aft are two single quarter berths, port and starboard. The access to the engine is excellent and is located under the companionway ladder as well as through the quarter berth bulkhead on port and starboard.
• Light blue vinyl upholstery berth cushions.
• Varnished teak and holly sole.
• Keel-stepped mast.
• A clean, bright interior.
• Garmin 120 GPS on swing bracket.
• Datamarine Dart-depth, speed & water temp.
• VHF radio
• Raymarine autopilot.
• Danforth Constellation binnacle compass.
SAILS & RIGGING:
• Sloop rig.
• Aluminum mast and boom.
• 1993 Furlex roller furling system.
• 1995 Full-battened mainsail by Fortunes.
• 1995 Fortune 150% genoa.
• Gennaker (orange and yellow).
• Blue sail cover.
• Whisker pole.
• Two Lewmar #40 two speed genoa winches.
• 3 Lewmar #7 winches.
• Jiffy reefing on main.
• 35 lb CQR Plow anchor with 200´ rode and 40´ chain.
• 22 lb Danforth with anchor rode.
• Hand bearing compass.
• 2014 new electric bilge pump and manual bilge pump.
• Older blue Dodger – needs replacing.
• Mahogany folding swim ladder.
• Horseshoe lifering.
• 3 fenders, docklines, life jackets, flares.
• Clock and barometer.
COMMENTS: ARIADNE is a 1966 34´ Morgan K/CB Sloop that fits the apt description of an “oldie but goodie”. She was heavily constructed of solid fiberglass and her displacement weight of 12,500 lbs proves it. She was designed by Charley Morgan during the period when a sailboat, first and foremost, had to be pretty. She has a sweeping sheer with a long stern overhang typical of the CCA-designs. She will run down wind at just over 7 knots. Her present owner purchased her in 2012 and has sailed her in the Casco Bay area of Maine With her shallow draft, she makes an ideal gunk-holer, and her long, comfortable cockpit provides a perfect space for outdoor living. This fine “Classic” Sloop will bring many more years of coastal cruising. Please call for your inspection of this very clean, well-maintained vessel.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Other Boats from Gray & Gray Yacht Brokers, Inc.
Sou'wester K/CB Sloop
Yarmouth, ME, United States
41 Deck Salon Sloop
Rockland, ME, United States
K/CB Sloop (Hull# 336)
Harpswell, ME, United States
24 "Long Cabin" Cruiser Sloop
Kennebunkport, ME, United States
Eliot, ME, United States
Surry, ME, United States