1966 Iroquois Mk 1
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / Gas/Petrol
- Located In:
- Greenock, Inverclyde, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 14,500 Tax Paid (US$ 19,402)
Mohawk is a standard Iroquois catamaran, with shallow draft extending with centerboards which are operated by tackles port and starboard and pivots down through the main casings to increase the vessel's draft and performance.
Although designed and built in 1966, these vessels have long and slender hulls associated with a performance catamaran.
Catamarans are suited to longer distance sailing and are good blue water boats. However, with a shallow draft Mohawk would also be good for coastal sailing, ideal along the West Coast of Scotland.
She has been with her current owners for approximately ten years, during which she has been refurbished, repainted externally and has had one or two additional systems installed for ease of single-handed or short-handed sailing.
Mohawk was surveyed in March 2017 and is in very good condition. Her specification is still a proof stage and may be subject to change.
We look forward to welcoming you to Kip Marina. Boats are available for viewing on pontoons, hard standing (ladder access), on moorings and in some cases further afield. Please contact us before hand to check the location of the vessel you wish to view and any special requirements. If you are traveling a distance this is especially important in order to make sure the boats you wish to view are in their advertised location and available for viewing.
We look forward to organising your viewing and answering any questions you may have.
Roseann Sweeney Kip Boat Sales Michael Schmidt & Partner Tel: +0044(0)1475 529975 Fax:+0044(0)1475 529880 Mobile:0044(0)7990593158 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact at +44 (0)1475 529975
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Rod McAlpine Downie
Hull Shape: Catamaran
LOA: 9.14 m
Beam: 3.96 m
LWL: 8.22 m
Maximum Draft: 1.63 m
Displacement: 4000 lbs Dry Load
Total Power: 9.9 HP
Engine Brand: Yamaha
Engine Model: 9.9AEH
Engine Type: Outboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Gas/Petrol
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 9 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 100
Fuel Tanks: 25
Number of double berths: 4
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 1
Wind speed and direction - handheld
Depthsounder - NASA
GPS - handheld
Dimensions / General
This is a shinning example of an Iroquois Mk1, lovingly maintained and looking like it. This boat won the Round Britain race overall although doesn't sport her original taller rig. She is now perfectly set up for cruising short handed although still no slouch!
- GRP hull - Newly painted with two pack in white.
- Deck & Cockpit - Newly painted in non-slip light blue
- LOA - 30' - 9.14m
- Beam - 13' - 3.96
- Airdraft - 44' - 13.41m
- Draft - 1'5" or 5'4" with a drop keel
- Rudder - Transom Hung/Twin
- Steering - Tiller
- Fuel Tanks - 2 - 44 litres - Fibreglass
- Water Tank - 1 - cira 20 gallons - Fibreglass
Eight berths or 6 good sized. Two forward, two aft (small doubles) and a convertible Saloon with 6'6" headroom in each cabin.
Mini Catalytic Heater
12V Cabin Lighting
4 x Solar Powered Ventilation Vents
Two Fibreglass Sinks
Fresh Cold Water Supply
New Jabsco manual toilet
Two Washbasins with Manual Cold water system
Mechanical and Electrical
Engine - Yamaha 9.9 AEH 9.9hp Petrol shaft driven 2 cylinder outboard engine
- Last Service - March 2017
- Fuel Consumption - 2-3 Miles per litre
- Propeller - Three Blade Fixed.
- Two 12v 85 Amp/h Batteries - both can be used via isolating switches to start the engine or provide service.
Navigation and Electronics
- M-Tech MT.500 VHF - 2007 - Port Bulkhead
- Garmin GPS60 - 2007 - Saloon
- NASA Stringray Echosounder - 2009 - Saloon
- Simrad TP10 Autopilot - 2007 - Cockpit
- Plastimo Contest 101 Compass - 2013 - Cockpit
- NASA Clipper Wind Direction - 2013 - Cockpit
- NASA Clipper Wind Speed - 2013 - Cockpit
- Mistral 5 Watt handheld VHF
Mast, Rigging and Sails
Fractional rigged sloop with silver anodised aluminium spars
- Standing Rigging - 2007
- Rotostay IV roller reefing headsail system.
- 2 point slab reefing mainsail.
- Running Rigging - Braid-On-Braid - 2016.
- Mainsail Cover.
- Lazy Jacks.
- Mainsail - Satun - 2008 - High Tenacity Dacron 7.52 - Good
- Genoa - Saturn - 2008 - High Tenacity dacron 4.46 - Good
- Storm Jib - Unused.
By Separate negotiation
- Avon Soft Tail 9' Dinghy
Deck and Safety Equipment
Deck Gear -
- 8 x 10mm Polester Warps
- 6 x Mooring Cleats - 4 fwd and 2 aft
- 8 x Fenders
- Boarding Ladder
- 2 single guardrails
- 2 bow rollers
- Screen Cover - Acrylic
- Plough 35lb Anchor with 30 x 6mm chain
- Bruce 9kgs Anchor
- Two Bow Rollers
Safety Gear -
- Seago Manual Gas Inflation Liferaft - 2007 - may require service
- Sea Anchor - unused
- Bilge Pump - manual
- 2 Fire Extinguisher - may require service
- Manual Air Horn
- Two Aluminium Winches - Single Speed are fitted to the rear of coachroof - age unknown.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.