- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- New Bern, NC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 139,000
UNBELIEVABLE! And that is not even the right word to describe this timeless classic that has been lovingly cared for by the current owners. If you are looking for a sailboat with extreme character that will turn heads in any location, SKIMMER is the one to consider.
Built by the renowned Hinckley company in 1966 she features solid fiberglass construction with additional reinforced laminations in all stern areas. The deck is balsa cored set in a 6” flange which is fiber glassed into the hull and bolted to form a deck-hull joint. Non-skid is molded into the deck.
In 2006 a marina in Oriental, NC had two boats catch fire near Skimmer. Although not involved with fire, Skimmer was close enough that masts fell onto her deck as well as some heat damage to the boat exterior. She was taken to Marine Tooling Technology in High Point, NC and underwent a 2-year refit to include repairs to the damaged areas but also upgrades to newer boating standards. The workmanship is undeniable and you would never even know there was ever damage. She is standing tall and will challenge a surveyor to find any discrepancies. All invoices for repairs are available for review at survey.
Beautiful Flag Blue hull, white topsides and high gloss varnished teak make the exterior shine. The interior has been updated with beautiful fabrics, solid surface countertops, and varnished mahogany wood work. Absolutely no disappointments on this one!
Contact United Yacht Sales in over 16 States and Canada. Local offices located in AL, CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, LA, MA, MD, ME, MS, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OR, RI, SC, TX, VA, and WA.
CONTACT LISTING BROKER:
JOHN PETERSON, CPYB @ 910-546-5760 OR EMAIL email@example.com
BOAT IS LOCATED IN: Oriental, NC
Please contact John Peterson, IYBA, CPYB at 910-546-5760
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 40 ft 9 in
Beam: 11 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 1 in
Displacement: 20000 lbs
Ballast: 6500 lbs
Total Power: 46 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine Model: 4-107FWC
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 46 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (110 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (20 Gallons)
From either the port or starboard side you step onto the wide side decks which offer easy maneuverability fore and aft. Moving forward is safe with high stanchions with double life lines and cabin top handrails. The cockpit and helm are protected with a Sunbrella bimini and dodger with closed foam cushions for the cockpit seats. Beautiful high gloss varnished teak brings life to the amazing cockpit. The cockpit has large port and starboard lazarettes and a centered helm with stainless steel guard and folding forward table. Aft of the helm is a folding helm seat.
Entry into the lower cabins is down the companionway. The engine compartment is behind the steps as is the electrical panel and controls. Immediately to port is the U-shaped galley with solid surface countertops and plenty of space for both food preparation and storage. To starboard is a large refrigeration cabinet with top loading refrigerator and freezer. When closed, the top can be used as a navigation station. Aft of the cabinet is a small open storage area for wet items. The main salon is large and features a centered folding dinette table. To port is a U-shaped settee with outboard storage and to starboard is a long settee with a watch berth outboard and above. Further forward is the port side head compartment with countertop and plenty of storage. Across from the head is a hanging locker and a locker with shelves. The head has entry from the companionway and a private entry from the forward stateroom. The forward stateroom is large and offers a V-berth with a filler cushions, storage lockers and drawers and an opening hatch.
The large function galley is situated aft of the main cabin separated on the port and starboard sides. The starboard side features a large refrigerator and freezer compartment while to port side features a U-shape galley area that will please even the most discriminating chef.
- Stainless steel sink with faucet and sprayer
- Solid surface countertops & fridge. covers
- Shipmate propane SS, gimbaled, 3 burner stove and oven w/ cover
- Trident Marine Propane Detector
- Conture microwave oven
- Ample storage cabinets & drawers
- Danforth Constellation compass on helm binnacle
- Raymarine ST-60 depth indicator
- Raymarine ST-60 wind indicator
- Raymarine ST-20 autopilot
- Raymarine S100 remote control for autopilot
- Raymarine E-90 color chart plotter and radar display in helm NAVPOD
- Raymarine 48-mile radar dome mounted on mast
- Raymarine Ray-49 VHF radio at navigation station
- Stainless steel bow pulpit and roller
- Plow primary anchor with chain rode
- Ideal electric windlass with foot switch
- Stainless steel stanchions with double life lines
- Port and starboard boarding
- Bow and stern stainless steel rails
- (2) stainless steel cowl vents mounted on varnished teak dorade boxes
- Teak toe rails, cabin trim, hand rails
- Teak cockpit trim with stainless steel inserts to protect the edges
- Cockpit closed cell cushions
- (4) cockpit storage in varnished teak panels for winches
- Teak covered propane storage aft of cockpit
- (2) cockpit lazarettes
- Sunbrella bimini and dodger with eisenglass covers
- Sunbrella sail covers
- Sunbrella helm, teak hand rail and hatch covers
- Teak grate on cockpit sole, removable for easy cleaning
- Teak folding cockpit table
- Solar vent on head over head for added ventilation
Sails and Rigging
Yawl rig with center board that extends to over 9 feet.
- Bronze centerboard - is operated by a worm gear with override in case of grounding.
- Aluminum main and mizzen masts and boom
- Stainless steel standing rigging
- Hood roller furling for genoa/jib
- (2) Barient 28+ winches in on cockpit coaming with varnished teak base
- (2) Merriman Brothers #5 winch
- Barient #10 winch on cabin top in cockpit
- Hutton 45 winch on main mast
- Harkin traveler mounted on cabin top
The panel is located outboard on the starboard side within easy reach.
- Electrical fully rewired by Slane Marine of High Point
- 12-volt DC and 120 -volt AC power
- Power distribution panel with circuit breakers
- 30-amp shore power cord with adapters
- Pro-Mariner Combo Quasi Sine Wave inverter/charger control at panel
- Pro-Mariner 10-amp battery charger
- Jensen MSR3007AM/FM/CD radio with remote speakers
- Marine Air reverse cycle air conditioning/reverse cycle heat with electronic control in salon
Engine compartment access in under the companionway steps.
- Westerbeke 46 hp fresh water cooled diesel engine with 2:1 reduction gears
- Engine panel with RPM, volts, water temp, and oil pressure gauges
- Stainless steel throttle and transmission controls
- Edison pedestal with leather wrapped destroyer steering wheel
- Stainless steel binnacle and stainless steel binnacle guard
- Racor primary fuel filter with vacuum gauge
A beautiful and well cared for Hinckley Bermuda 40 that will turn heads in any location while bringing joy and the pride of ownership. Complete refit makes this the one to see.
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.