- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Weymouth, MA
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 49,500
The Pearson Countess is a classic. Designed by John Alden, she features traditional lines, a full keel with an attached rudder, a large flush deck, and a spacious cockpit.
WINDBELL II has been carefully maintained for over 30 years by her second owner. She has been only lightly used in New England waters. Her hull gelcoat is original, and it sparkles. Both her mainsail and mizzen are equipped with in-mast furling, and the headsail and mainsail furling systems are electrically powered. An extremely thorough log has been kept of her use, backed up by manuals for all her systems. For her age, WINDBELL II appears to be in remarkable shape. A recent price reduction reflects the owner's desire to find WINDBELL II a good new home. WINDBELL II has been out of the water for two years. Close offers are encouraged.
For further information, please contact John L. Procter, CPYB:
Cell phone: 617-694-8455
Please contact John L. Procter, CPYB at 781-749-1645
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: John Alden
LOA: 44 ft 6 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
LWL: 30 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Displacement: 28000 lbs
Ballast: 8000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 56 ft 0 in
Total Power: 128 HP
Engine Brand: Ford
Engine Model: Osco Ford 363 6 cylinder
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 4075
Engine Power: 128 HP
Osco Ford 363 cu. in. six cylinder diesel with Borg-Warner transmission. Hydraulic shaft brake to prevent propeller rotating when under sail. Fuel tank constructed of Monel.
Fuel: 100 gal in Monel tank Water: 175 gal in f/g tank Holding: 9 gal in poly tank
Sleeps six. The forward cabin has a large V berth, hanging locker, cabinet, and direct access to the head. The head which is next aft to port features a vanity and shower. Opposite to starboard is a hanging locker. Next aft to port is a dinette that converts to form a double berth. Opposite the dinette to starboard is the galley. Next aft and up two steps is the main salon with convertible couch to port. Opposite to starboard is a nav station and storage cabinets and lockers which run fore and aft. Engine and generator are located below the main salon. The cabin is equipped throughout with both 110 volt heating and air conditioning.
- Force 10 ceramic electric stove with 3 burners
- Sharp Carousel II microwave oven
- Grunert Mariner refrigeration and freezer (2005) 12 and 110 volt
- Separate refrigerator - 12 and 110 volt in converted hanging locker
All electronics installed and serviced by Elco Marine.
- Bendix Model 14 autopilot
- Moor knot-log
- Moor apparent wind & wind speed indicator
Much of WINDBELL II has been rewired for 110 volt with grounding for everything.
- Westerbeke WPD-3 3kw generator, rebuilt by Hansen Marine Engineering, Marblehead, MA
- Battery for electric roller-furling headsail
- Battery for electric roller-furling mainsail
- Constavolt - 1980's
- Element for hot water new 2005
- Dockside shore power, shore power cord
- Spot light receptacle on pedestal
- 100 amp alternator for ship's batteries
- 60 amp alternator for starting battery and roller furling
Sails and Rigging
Roller-furling for genoa, main and mizzen - all with complete spare parts should they ever be needed. Double headstay to accommodate both the roller-furling genoa and hank-on storm jib.
- Doyle #2 genoa
- Storm jib - hank-on
- Hood Yacht Systems electric in-mast roller-furling mainmast (1985)
- Spare Hood Yacht Systems electric roller-furling system
- Flute stopper E-Furl electric roller-furling headsail (1995)
- Manual in-mast roller-furling for mizzen
Hull and Deck
Her white hull gleams thanks to owner having used only a wax cleaner, never an abrasive. Starting forward - there is a custom anchor guard against pilings; manual windlass; striker rail with SS half round; decks repainted by Custom Fiberglass; glass in all ports and hatches was replaced with Lexan in 1985; safety glass on main doors; spare prop; Oakum Bay dodger with new glass in 2011; Awning; White compass; inclinometer; oak cockpit grate w/extra pieces; outboard engine bracket; Barient #28 CST primary winches; Lewmar #16 2-speed CST secondary winches; hydraulic prop lock.
This owner has complete documentation for EVERYTHING for the last 30 years - from updates to manuals to spares. He and his wife have kept a meticulous log each time they have used WINDBELL II as they sailed her between Cape Ann and Buzzards Bay.
- Cruisair air conditioning
- 2 Electric heaters
- Wilcox Crittenden Newport electric head
- Bendix compass from a WWII army tank
- Newer SS hot water tank with element replaced in 2005
- Custom SS mufflers for engine and generator
- New engine water pump in 2011
- New clear panels in dodger 2011
WINDBELL II has had only two owners, her current owner having owned her for more than 30 years. Her appearance is that of a much newer boat, and one would never suspect her age. WINDBELL II has a tremendous inventory of spares, all of which will convey with the boat. She represents a unique opportunity to purchase something truly special in today's boat market.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Lawson Yachts LLC
Snug Harbor Yachts
Duxbury, MA, United States
47.7 Center Cockpit
Fairhaven, MA, United States
Boston, MA, United States
38 Flybridge Cruiser
Marion, MA, United States
Newington, NH, United States
Hull, MA, United States