- View Full Specifications
Priced to sell!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- South Freeport, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 69,000
- Sale Pending
"IRIS" presents a rare opportunity to own one of the very limited 117 original Hinckley Pilot 35's ever made. These classic boats rarely appear on the open market and even more rarely in the immediately sail-able, restored condition of the Iris, as offered by her single owner of the past 12 years.
Trendsetting at the time of their first launch, and still class-leading today, the original Sparkman & Stephen Pilot 35 design was an instant classic for Hinckley and "laid the keel" for the Hinckley legacy that endures today.
The Iris, presently yarded at Brewer's Boatyard in Freeport, Maine, has just received seasonal maintenance, to include bottom stripping, fresh barrier coating, fresh anti fouling and fresh varnishing of all exterior trim.
Iris displays a beautifully maintained interior, bespeaking the original hand-craftsmanship of Hinckley's legendary Southwest Harbor, Maine boatyard and the unmatched quality of its Maine craftsmen.
The Iris deserves your personal inspection to truly appreciate her numerous features and upgrades. Owner want her sold, come see her!
Selling or buying, we are ready to assist.
Willie Thomas 207-415-1004
Please contact Willie Thomas at 207-415-1004
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Hinckley Yachts
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 35 ft 9 in
Beam: 9 ft 6 in
LWL: 25 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 13500 lbs
Ballast: 4200 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 47 ft 0 in
Total Power: 27 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2000
Engine Model: 3GM30F
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 27 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (35 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (35 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (10 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
Compass - (Kelvin White Constellation Compass)
Furling genoa - 130% Genoa on Harken roller furler
Fully battened mainsail - (new 2000)
Steering wheel - (Edson aluminum steering pedestal)
Marine head - Upgraded & new in 2000)
Electric bilge pump - (Rule submersible bilge pump)
Refrigerator - (stainless steel lined)
Shore power inlet - (30 amp inlet for 120-volt AC - starboard aft of cockpit)
Electrical Circuit: 12V
The Iris sleeps 5 comfortably with 2 in master cabin and 3 on pull-out double and single settees in main salon
- Master cabin forward features privacy with double v-berth (with insert)
- Master cabin features two lockers and two bookshelves with access through re-finished mahogany doors in forward bulkhead to chain locker with storage shelf
Iris features traditional cabin layout with aft cockpit, companionway center line, main salon and forward master cabin
- Galley to port separated by partial bulkhead
- Charts/electronics station to starboard separated by partial bulkhead
- Re-finished fold-down mahogany table drops down between port & starboard settees and stows against the forward bulkhead
- Main salon features two full-length hanging lockers to starboard with re-finished mahogany doors
- Herreshoff-style interior re-finished (2000) in antique white, all mahogany trim re-finished/re-varnished, all interior hardware re-bedded
- Center companionway leads forward to re-finished & upgraded head (2000) with non-skid floor and re-finished mahogany doors.
- Wide companionway entry from the cockpit has a re-finished/re-varnished varnished teak hatch cover plus two teak washboards which slide into bronze channels. Custom teak-trimmed screens.
- Interior cushions re-built (2000) with Sunbrella covers in toast with leather piping
Iris features a full, well-appointed galley, with like-new upgrades during 2000 overhaul
- Galley/chart station counter is a laminate with stainless steel edging and mahogany fiddles.
- Galley cabinets are ample for dishes, glassware, pots/pans, wine storage for 9 bottles
- Food pantry is two-tiered for dry goods
- Stainless Steel sink & faucet (installed new 2000)
- Stainless Steel lined ice box with shelf and interior drain boards.
- Fully re-built Shipmate ginballed 3-burner propane stove/oven
- Matched pair of Corian countertop extensions, in white with mahogany trim
Excellent natural light and ventilation from the Companionway, 25 x 25 opening overhead hatch, two opening port-lights, and three fixed port-lights.
- Electric lighting is provided by four handsome polished chrome Frigast fixtures, one at each end of the settees.
- Additional lighting is discreetly provided by a low-profile dome light above the shelf behind each settee.
- Two polished chrome oil lamps on mahogany mounts mid-cabin above each settee, one to port and one to starboard.
- Full-length shelf above each settee provides abundant stowage for frequently accessed items.
- The sloped back of each settee houses three stowage compartments, six in total
- One small stowage compartment plus two battery banks under the starboard settee.
- Two large drawers and one small stowage compartment under the port settee.
- Brightly varnished mahogany dining table folds against the forward port bulkhead when not in use. Easily swings down into place for cabin dining or desktop function.
- Cabin heat is provided by Espar FHA diesel-fired heater with remote thermostat serving both the main salon and forward cabin. These are fantastic and provide a nice dry heat on a cold morning.
Iris' head was overhauled & upgraded during main overhaul (2000)
Opening port-light provides natural light and ventilation.
- Electric light with shade located above sink illuminates entire bathroom
- Non-skid floor and floor drain
- Jabsco large-size head with manual pump with Y-valve to plastic tank
- Stainless steel sink set in laminate countertop
- Mahogany paneled door accesses two-tiered outboard compartment for stowing toiletries
- Full-length mahogany trimmed mirror
- Teak waste basket with lid
- Sump pump control for shower drain
Engine & Propulsion
- New Yanmar GM30F, 3-cylinder FWC diesel installed during the boat's overhaul in 2000
- Delivers 27 HP @3600 RPM
- Fresh water cooled, normally aspirated
- Known to be newly installed during 2000 boatyard upgrade
- Fuel system includes 30 gallon stainless steel tank, located in sump under engine
- Fuel system features a Racor 500MA water separator installed on starboard bulkhead, forward of engine
- All engine mounts re-bedded in 2000
- Exhaust & hosing re-installed/replaced in 2000
- New propeller and shaft installed during 2000 overhaul
- Fenders with Polartec covers
- Horseshoes lifebouys - mounted port & starboard on stern pulpit
All New in 2000
- Sunbrella dodger & sailcover (linen)
- Sunbrella cockpit cushions
- Deck awlgripped in eggshell white with new non-skid
- All deck hardware re-bedded and refastened
- All exterior brightwork stripped and re-varnished
- Awlgripped Ed son steering column
- Awlgripped mast & boom
- Pope fully battened main (new 2000)
- 130% Genoa on Harken roller furler
- Cruising spinnaker
- New Datamarine depthsounder and knotmeter (installed 2000)
- New VHF radio (installed 2000)
- Autohelm autopilot
Rigging & Winches
Winch Hardware Features
- Two Barient 28SSt winches installed in the cockpit
- Two Barient 19SST winches mounted on deck
- Three Barient winches mounted on mast
- Lewmar 40CST winch (new 2000) installed starboard side of cabin
- Two Spin Lock line stoppers mounted port side of cabin
- (One) Stainless Steel 35 gallon fuel tank mounted underneath engine
- (Two) Stainless Steel 35 gallon fresh water tank
- (Two) Vetus vinyl 100-liter water tanks (mounted in each of the cockpit lockers)
Iris, was substantially overhauled with numerous upgrades and replacements during extensive boatyard overhaul in 2000. She has been meticulously cared for by a conscientious husband/wife ownership team, rewarding her owners with exceptional years of unforgettable coastal cruising, precisely the kind of sailing for which the Hinckley Pilot 35 was conceived and designed.
Offered through the expert brokerage of Yacht Sales Network, Iris presents a rare opportunity for the discriminating sailor to acquire a true Hinckley sailing classic in excellent, sail-away condition.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from THOMAS YACHT BROKERAGE
Pownal, ME, United States
Boothbay Harbor, United States
Freeport, ME, United States
30 MK II
South Freeport, ME, United States
South Freeport, ME, United States
Unknown, ME, United States