- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- South Bristol, ME
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 15,500
This legendary boat was the centerpiece of the book, “Western Wind, Eastern Shore”, by Robert De Gast about the classic circumnavigation of the Delmarva Peninsula.
This is an elegant boat, meticulously restored, that draws attention and comment at every harbor and port of call. She would be a delight to own and a pleasure to sail for any serious sailor.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 41 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
This classic Sparkman & Stephens design, the original S&S ‘mini Yacht’, has been completely restored, fully refurbished and meticulously maintained while preserving and remaining true to the original design that Sparkman and Stevens are renowned for. This is a full keel hull with cutaway forward.
LOA: 22' LWL: 16.5' Hull #44.
- Built at Werf de Nord Shipyard in Alblasserdam, The Netherlands. She retains original builder’s bronze plates affixed to transom.
- Every effort was made to restore and refurbish as much of the original as possible while creating an easy, pleasurable sailing experience.
- Wallilabu has her original Sitka spruce mast and boom, original ashwood tiller, and original mahogany brightwork on deck and the cabin house.
- All new Harken winches and hardware throughout, plus 2 original bronze winches on cabin house roof that were restored and are in use. Everything on this boat is in top working order. She is ready to sail.
- New Harken SnapFurl roller furler with 120% Reefable Genoa headsail. New Harken traveler.
- All new stainless stanchions and double lifelines.
- All new racing rated running rigging led aft to the cockpit for easy single handing including new cabin house mounted stoppers.
- New Sunbrella mainsail cover, plus custom sunshade, winch and tiller covers.
- New Sunbrella covered cockpit and vee berth cushions.
- All new sail inventory from Pope Sails, Rockland ME, includes: Double Reef Main with Harken jiffy reefing system, asymmetrical spinnaker, and 120% reefable genoa headsail. All are within 5 yrs old and lightly used. Sailed 6 to 8 times per season.
- Her hull and deck have been completely refurbished, with recored deck around new 316 stainless chainplates.
- The hull has been stiffened with fiberglass tophat stringers run the full length of hull, adding strength and stability.
- Original Bronze portlights are rebedded and remounted.
- New 316 stainless steel centerboard replaced the old cast iron board.
- New custom Mahogany Toe Rail.
- Topsides refinished with Interlux epoxy primers and two part polyester paints: 2 coats Interprotect, 2 coats primer, 2 part polyurethane Interlux Perfection finish coat.
- New bottom paint in 2015 - Micron 66 copolymer self ablative..
- She sleeps three comfortably.
- Cabin has extensive custom teak work below, including new galley with 2 burner alcohol stove, additional gimballed propane burner, teak shelving above and storage below, and original bronze thruhull for deep sink. Center cabin lights run off main circuit board plus individual switches. Galley doubles as Nav station when not in use.
- Vee berth has custom teak shelving port and starboard, LED reading lamps, including red lights for night vision.
- Custom port side quarter berth with three storage compartments below, one insulated for cold storage of food and beverages
- Tillermaster Autopilot (available for $100 to Seller).
- Additionally: VHF radio, depth sounder and radio antenna, ready to be mounted are included.
- Spinnaker pole, boat hook.
- New bilge pump installed.
- Solar panel mounted on aft deck.
- All new LED navigation lights and cabin lights throughout.
- Ground tackle: Rocna Anchor #6 with chain & rode.
- Suzuki 6HP 4 stroke outboard permanently mounted in lazarette engine well.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Other Boats from Gray & Gray Yacht Brokers, Inc.
Expedition Three Masted
marconi rigged Schooner
Belfast, ME, United States
Aft Cabin "Downeast" Cruiser with aft cockpit
Danvers, MA, United States
36 Flybridge Cruiser
Stonington, ME, United States
50 Pilothouse Trawler With Flybridge
Brooklin, ME, United States
Rockport, ME, United States
35 Hardtop Cruiser
North Reading, MA, United States