- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Southwest Harbor, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 75,000
PORTOFINO is a Pilot 35 Sloop with tiller steering and sleeps six comfortably in her two cabin interior finished in Honduras/Philippine mahogany wood throughout. Set up for enjoyable cruising, she was optimized for racing as well. Upgrades are noted throughout.
Specializing in Used Hinckley Boat Sales for over 33 years, please call me, Bob Pooler (Brokerage Manager): 207-244-5531 or E-mail: email@example.com for more information on the used Hinckley power or sailboat market.
Hinckley Brokerage Offices:
- SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ♦ Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531
- PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 401-683-7005
- ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 410-263-0095
- STUART-FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387
- NAPLES-FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879
- HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378
Please contact Bob Pooler at 207-244-5531
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Hinckley Yachts
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
LOA: 35 ft 9 in
Beam: 9 ft 6 in
LWL: 25 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 13500 lbs
Ballast: 4700 lbs
Total Power: 27 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1988
Engine Model: FWC diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 27 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 mph
Maximum Speed: 7 mph
Fresh Water Tanks: (70 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (35 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1
Number of single berths: 6
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
PORTOFINO is a 1964 tiller sloop, 6-berth interior with a 1988 Westerbeke diesel engine. She has a Herreshoff interior, CNG cookstove/oven and heater, most electonics upgraded in 1997, a nice inventory of sails and she is in very good overall condition.
HULL AND DECK
- White Awlgrip topsides.
- White cabin house, deck, and cockpit with molded-in contrasting nonskid on working surfaces.
- Gold cove
- Red Boottop
- Blue bottom paint.
- Varnish teak exterior trim.
- Hand-laid fiberglass hull.
- Deck is set in a 6’ flange in the hull, then fiberglassed and bolted to form a permanent hull deck joint.
- Keel: 4,700-lbs ballast total = 4,200-lb. lead ballast keel + 500 lbs. trim ballast. = allows extra sail carrying capability.
- Varnished teak: Trim, toe rails, cockpit coamings, handrails and ventilator boxes.
- Stainless steel: Stemhead has integral chocks, bow and stern pulpits and stanchions with single lifelines and gates.
- Fixed windows.
- Varnished teak hatch boxes with translucent hatch covers and screens.
- Cockpit Dodger (2004)
- Cockpit Awning (2004)
- Cockpit Cushions:
- Large top-opening watertight seats with molded in non-skid tops that are deep sail and storage locker spaces.
- The teak cockpit coaming has stainless steel trimmed port and starboard winch pockets.
- There are self-draining cockpit scuppers.
- Teak grate
- Teak companionway forward.
- Forward bulkhead mounted navigation instruments.
- Engine and navigation gauges are visible from the helm.
- Tiller steering
- Electric engine control with push button preheat and start.
PORTOFINO sleeps 6 in her Herreshoff-style white with bright varnished mahogany trim interior.
- Teak and holly sole and white overhead.
- 12-volt interior lighting fixtures.
- Hatches have screens.
- Force 10 CNG cabin heater (2000).
From the forward cockpit area, entry into the Interior accommodations is through the companionway hatch into the aft Main Cabin. The companionway steps are movable for access to the engine area behind.
Layout Plan includes:
- MAIN CABIN - Galley and Nav Areas aft, with Main Salon forward.
- HEAD - Forward to port.
- FORWARD STATEROOM
The full-width U-shaped Galley features include:
- Formica countertop.
- Built-in cabin sole teak grate and dust pan.
- Ports outboard port/starboard and companionway offer plenty of natural light and ventilation.
- Aft custom drawer under bridge deck.
- Custom arm rails – between bulkhead and galley.
- Shipmate CNG 2-burner stove/oven (1992).
- Stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water.
- Bin storage between and storage lockers over.
- Top-loading, insulated stainless steel icebox - drains to sump tank in bilge.
- Outboard is dish locker storage with sliding doors.
Galley/NAV AREA (Aft Starboard):
- Starboard galley countertop doubles as a chart table.
- Chart storage over the ice box countertop
- Flexible chart light over.
- Electrical distribution panel is aft.
- Navigation instruments.
MAIN SALON (Full-width, Amidship):
Full-width Main Salon has:
- Port and starboard pull-out transom berth/settees – double berth when joined.
- Outboard pilot berths with shelves over.
- Drawer/locker storage is below each berth.
- Large hanging locker forward to starboard.
- A mahogany drop-leaf dining table is bulkhead stored and folds down.
- Force 10 CNG cabin heater (2000) – starboard forward bulkhead mounted.
- Light and ventilation from 12-volt lighting, companionway hatch, bronze trimmed window ports and two dorade vents.
- Stereo and speakers - mounted in forward bulkheads.
HEAD, Forward Port:
Next, the private Head includes:
- Stainless steel sink with fixtures
- Grohe faucet/handheld telephone-shower fixture.
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Head Mate marine toilet (1993) with stainless steel holding tank and Y-valve (1998).
- Medicine cabinet
- Linen locker storage outboard.
- Overhead ventilation.
- Screened opening port.
MASTER STATEROOM, Forward:
- A solid door separates this cabin from the rest of the accommodations.
- Varnished double door access forward to the forepeak chain locker.
- V-berth forward.
- Seat between V-berth.
- Storage shelves are over outboard.
- Storage beneath the berths.
- Hanging locker aft starboard.
- Translucent opening overhead hatch with screen.
- Three ports provide natural light.
SAILS & RIGGING
- Custom tapered Hinckley aluminum mast – new mast track 2006.
- High-aspect shorter boom.
- Custom, oversized compression post below spar – supports extra rig loads.
- All standing rigging - 1x19 stainless steel rigging to turnbuckle tensioners.
- Stainless steel genoa tracks on toe rails.
- Snatch blocks
- Harken jib roller-furling.
- Navtec hydraulic backstay.
- Halyards - Main , (2) spinnaker, genoa halyards – all internal.
- Pennant halyards
- Slab reefing.
- Cunningham for main and jibs.
- Lazy jacks – main (2006)
- Spinnaker gear – 2 poles (standard and oversized), reaching strut, sheets, blocks and guys.
- (2) #40 ST primaries - Lewmar – Cockpit (2000)
- (1) #28 2-speed – Barient
- (2) #18 - Barient – Cockpit
- (1) #3 - Barient
- ST winch - Lewmar – Mast (2006)
- (2) small - South Coast
- Winch handles
- Main sail – Full-batten (2006)
- Mainsail (North, 1982)
- Mainsail (North, 1960’s)
- 180% #1 Genoa (North, 1976)
- 180% #1 Genoa (North, 1960)
- 160% #2 Genoa (North, 1960’s)
- 150% Genoa (Hood, 1960’s)
- 135% #3 Genoa (Doyle, 1985)
- Drifter - 180% (North, 1960’s)
- Reacher - 180% (North, 1960’s)
- Working jib – roller-furling (Hood, 1960’s)
- Storm Jib – (Manchester, 1974)
- Storm trysail – (Manchester, 1974)
- Spinnaker – Tri-radial (North, 1982)
- Spinnaker – Floater (North, 1960’s)
- Spinnaker – Staysail (North, 1960’s)
- Spinnaker – Star-cut (North, 1960’s)
- Mainsail cover (2004)
- Autohelm Autopilot (1997)
- Raytheon R20XX Rasterscan Radar (1997)
- Raytheon 600XX Raychart (1997)
- Raytheon Nav 298 GPS (1997)
- Raytheon GPS (1997)
- Depthsounder (2006)
- (2) Danforth Constellation Compass – Cockpit and bulkhead mounted
- Datamarine S200 DL Depth sounder (1982)
- Signet Knot log and speed indicator
- Signet MK 254 Windspeed/Wind Direction
- VHF – Sea Ranger (1988)
- Loran – Voyager US-1 (1988)
- 1993 electrical system upgrade.
- Standing rigging is permanently bonded to the keel with heavy copper stripping.
- Circuit breaker distribution panel.
Separate 12-volt DC electrical start and accessory systems:
- Three new batteries (2005).
- (1) 12-volt battery - Engine start.
- (2) 6-volt batteries – House accessories.
- Battery parallel switch, allows emergency start.
- Alternator charges batteries
- Cabin lights.
110-volt shore power system:
- 50-amp Hubbell shore power cord.
- 1988 Westerbeke 27-hp FWC diesel engine.
- Stainless steel shaft and 2-blade bronze propeller.
- Cockpit engine push-button pre-heat and start controls.
- Insulated engine room.
- Bilge blower
- Electric freshwater pressure pump.
- Electric bilge pump.
- Manual bilge pump.
- Hot water tank – stainless steel (2008).
- Two 35-gallon freshwater stainless steel water tanks.
- Tiller steering.
Ground Tackle Equipment:
- Lewmar electric windlass (2004).
- 35# CQR anchor in bow roller + 120 ft. chain rode.
- 18# Danforth anchor - stores in custom chocks.
- Fenders and dock lines
- Boat hook
- Swim ladder
- Boat cover (1992-93)
- Alcohol heater
- Kerosene lantern
- Force 10 stern BBQ grill (2001)
- (3) Life jackets
- (4) Safety harnesses
- Fog horn
- MOB pole
- Life sling (2001)
- (3) Fire extinguishers
- Radar reflector
- Orion Alert marine signal kit
- Life raft
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Hinckley Yacht Brokerage
Sou'wester 59 CC Sloop
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Sou'wester 59 CC Ketch
St. John, Virgin Islands (US)
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Sou'wester 51 Stoway
Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States
Irwin 52 CC Ketch
Annapolis, MD, United States
Sou'wester 50 Yawl
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States