- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Martha's Vineyard, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 67,000
SAMBURU is flawless! This little yacht at 30 feet has been beautifully restored and is an exciting piece of Hinckley history.
Specializing in Used Hinckley Boat Sales for over 33 years, please call me, BOB POOLER (Brokerage Manager): 207-244-5531 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the used Hinckley power or sailboat market.
HINCKLEY BROKERAGE OFFICES:
- SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME:
- Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531
- Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531
- PORTSMOUTH, RI:
- Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 or email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005
- ANNAPOLIS, MD:
- Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 410-263-0095
- Broker: Jennifer Richards Cell: 443-852-0707 or email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387
- Broker: Whitney Brackin Cell: 205-389-0944 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879
- HARBOR SPRINGS-MI:
- Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378
Please contact Bob Pooler at 207-244-5531
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Hinckley Yachts
Designer: Henry R. Hinckley
LOA: 30 ft 5 in
Beam: 8 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Displacement: 9500 lbs
Ballast: 3000 lbs
Total Power: 27 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1996
Engine Model: 30B fwc diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 366
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 27 HP
Cruising Speed: 5 knots
Maximum Speed: 6 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (50 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1
Number of single berths: 4
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
"SAMBURU" is a 1963 SW 30 sloop with a Flag blue hull. She sleeps four in two cabins. She has benefited from a 10 year restoration and is now in "museum" condition "Bristol condition". Newly awlgripped topsides 2015, cockpit and house awlgrip 2005, mainsail (2012), Genoa 130% (2012). She has been stored exclusively indoors has seen only light seasonal use in New England. Her electronics are recent, and she has been diligently varnished each year. She is set up for extremely easy single-handing.
"Samburu" is featured on pg. 64 in the coffee book "Hinckley Yachts: An American Icon" written by Nick Voulgaris and forwarded by David Rockefeller. Samburu is perhaps the best SW 30 in existence.
HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue Topsides (New Awlgrip 2015)
- White cabinhouse and deck with molded in nonskid
- White Boot Top
- Gold leaf Cove
- Green bottom
- Varnished teak exterior trim
Hull and deck are hand laid fiberglass.
- Cockpit and house Awlgrip (2005)
- Varnished teak toe rails and eyebrows
- Varnished teak dorade boxes with stainless steel dorade vents
- Varnished teak cabintop hand rails
- Varnished mahogany aft lazarette hatch to large stowage space
- (9) Portlights
- Translucent opening deck hatch with solar powered ventilator fan
- Stainless steel bow pulpit and stern pulpit
- 2015 stainless steel stanchions and single lifelines, with port and starboard gates.
- 2012 white cockpit dodger with windows
- Cockpit cushions – blue with white trim
- Self-bailing (6' 3") cockpit
- Varnished teak coamings with winch pockets
- Varnished teak companionway hatch and cover
- Hinckley teak cockpit sole grate
- Opening cockpit seats offer storage port and starboard.
- Two aft deck lazarette storage lockers with varnished mahogany hatch covers
Varnished teak tiller steering:
- Instruments and gauges are mounted on forward bulkhead
- Single-lever Morse engine control
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- 2012 Raymarine Wind Direction
- 2012 Raymarine Knotmeter
- 2012 Raymarine Depth
- 2012 Standard Horizon VHF radio
- Ritchie Compass
SAMBARU sleeps 4 in two cabins. She is finished in Herreshoff-style white including overhead, varnished mahogany trim and a varnished teak and holly sole. There are 12V lights on all bulkheads.
- V-berth forward
- Storage available under the berths accessed through varnished mahogany doors
- Cushions are finished in blue fabric.
- Throw pillows
- Forward access to the forepeak storage area/anchor locker.
Plenty of light and ventilation are supplied to the forward cabin with (3) bronze portlights and a Lexan and mahogany forehatch that has a solar powered ventilator fan.
HEAD: (Next aft to port)
Aft of forward cabin is the separate Head compartment:
- Porcelain sink with fixtures and hot and cold pressure water
- Wilcox-Crittenden head with holding tank
- Fiberglass sole and teak grate.
- Linen locker
- Bronze opening port
A hanging locker with vented varnished mahogany door is opposite the head and has shelf storage over.
The full-width Main Cabin has port and starboard transom settee/berths with back rest behind, each forming a storage bin.
- Cushions are covered in blue fabric and there are throw pillows
- There is more storage below the bunks
- Shelf storage is outboard the settees.
- Pull-down, folding varnished mahogany dining table is mounted on the port forward bulkhead.
- Tiny Tot cabin heater is mounted on the starboard forward bulkhead.
- 12-volt lamps on the forward bulkheads
- Weems and Plathe clock and barometer are on the port forward bulkhead
- Fixed portlights are over outboard port and starboard
- Integrated varnished mahogany handrails run the full length of the main cabin port and starboard.
- Custom shelf is on the port forward bulkhead.
- Off-white formica countertop work surface
- Stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water
- Top-accessed insulated stainless ice box
- Varnished mahogany locker and pantry storage for dishes and utensils, including generous dish storage outboard with sliding door closures.
- Fixed portlights
- Storage bins outboard
- Aft starboard bulkhead houses the electrical panel.
- Bottom companionway step contains stainless trash bin.
Starboard galley doubles as a Nav Station. Some navigation equipment is custom mounted on the main cabin forward port bulkhead.
Varnished mahogany aft companionway steps to the cockpit have tops that lift to allow access to the engine.
SAILS and RIGGING
Hinckley aluminum mast with 2015 stainless steel 1x19 standing rigging and 2015 turnbuckles. Varnished spruce boom and a single 2015 aluminum spreader. Main halyard leads to the cockpit.
- Harken roller furling system (New 2015)
- Gear for jiffing reefing
- (2) Lewmar #30 self-tailing 2-speed - cockpit winches
- (2) Mast mounted wnches
- Winch handles
- Mainsail (2012) – Doyle (4-batten) – with 2012 white cover
- Jib – Roller furling
- 130% Genoa (2012)
- (3) Batteries are charged by engine alternator.
- Ocean Pursuits electrical panel
1996 Westerbeke 30B FWC 27-hp diesel engine with 366 engine hours 10/2016.
- 1” bronze shaft
- 3-blade bronze propeller
- Morse single lever engine control
- Electric bilge pump
- Custom teak ladder
- Stainless steel swim ladder
- 35# CQR roller-stowing anchor with 265’ of anchor rode
- Masthead and spreader lights
- Man overboard pole
- Fire extinguishers
- Ensign and staff
- Varnished framed screens for companionway with stow case
- (2) Air scoops
- Weems & Plathe clock and barometer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Hinckley Yacht Brokerage
Sou'wester 42 Aft-Cabin Sloop
Manchester By The Sea, MA, United States
Bermuda 40 MK III Sloop
Salem, MA, United States
Sou'wester 42 MK II Sloop
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Sou'wester 50 Yawl
St. Augustine, FL, United States
Sou'wester 42 Sloop
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Bermuda 40 MK III Yawl
Beaufort, NC, United States