- View Full Specifications
Unique, distinct, individual
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Bowdoin, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 19,550
EMBLA is 22' and built by the Soren Svege Boatyard in Norway and exported directly to Grand Manan Island, Canada in 1961 .
Current owner (summer resident on Grand Manan) purchased Embla in 2002. She underwent a restoration by a professional dory-builder on Grand Manan Island. New Yanmar engine was installed in 2003. Embla was shipped to Maine in 2011 where she is enjoyed by other family members.
It is built to go through the waves like a leaf, "explains Frode Maaseidvaag. "When you sit at the tiller, you get very little splash." According to Maaseidvaag, boats like the EMBLA have been built near his hometown of Stavanger, Norway, for hundreds of years. There they frequently serve as commuter vessels on the fjords..
GULF OF MAINE YACHT SALES website www.BoatingInMaine.com or Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org Tel (207)899.0909 or cell phone (207) 831.3168.
Please contact John Holmes at (207) 899.0909
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Soren Svege
Designer: Norwegian design
LOA: 22 ft 0 in
Beam: 8 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 2 ft 6 in
Dry Weight: 2400 lbs
Total Power: 27 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2003
Engine Model: 3GM30
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 198
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 27 HP
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (12 Gallons)
Full Screen Slides of these pictures and more
Be sure to watch the slide show - select Video Tab at start of listing.
EMBLA 1s a 22' wooden Norwegian design and built on the South Coast of Norway. This style boat is called " Snekke ". Planked with larch over oak using copper rivets and trunnels Larch timber has inherent durability and strength. This sturdy wood type has traditionally been used for fencing, gate material, boat building and other outdoor uses.
- Full canvas top and cockpit cover, which is in excellent condition.
- New cockpit cushion were added 2013
- A Venture tandem axle storage and transport trailer is also included.
- Anchor with chain and nylon rode
- Dock fenders and lines
- Emergency boarding ladder
- Fresh water cooled Yanmar 3GM30 engine installed 2003
- Yanmar ignition, tach and hour meter - 198 hours
- Vetus Waterlock muffler system
- Fuel / Water separator filter
- Steer using stern tiller or port side wheel.
- (2) 12v lead acid batteries
- Solar panel battery maintainer
- Blue Seas Battery switch
- Six position circuit breaker panel
- Auto bilge pump
- Manual bilge pump
- Single lever Morse speed & shift control
- Engine box lined with sound insulation
- Handsome set of oars
Gulf of Maine Yacht Sales offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.