- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 32,500 (US$ 43,521)
One of the fabled Fairey boats from THAT Bond film! Liberty is Huntress #48 from 1961 - with a 2015 FPT Iveco 250hp in her - she is a very able, clean-burning and usable classic. Being sold with a twin axle road trailer, this long cabin version harks back to the halcyon days of English power-boating.
Please contact Hugh Rayner at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Fairey Marine Ltd.
Designer: Alan V. Burnard
LOA: 23 ft 0 in
Beam: 8 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 2 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 1 ft 12 in
Displacement: 2350 kgs
Total Power: 250 HP
Engine Brand: FPT (Iveco)
Year Built: 2015
Engine Model: N40
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 250 HP
Number of single berths: 2
Number of cabins: 1
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- The Huntress was made on the hot moulded system of laminations (veneers) of 2.5mm agba ( a type of mahogany ).
- In the case of the Huntress six laminations were used on the bottom and five on the topsides. Laminations were continuous from keel to gunwale so that there were no weak joints.
- To hot mould the hull, veneers were first stapled individually to a mould of the hull; subsequent skins (veneers) were glued and applied, staples in the underskin being removed as the work proceeded.
- The mould itself was mounted on a metal plate carried on a trolley moving along a rail track; a thick rubber bag was placed over the assembled boat, a vacuum applied until the rubber bag was stretched skin tight over the outer surface, then the trolley was wheeled into an autoclave (oven) where steam raised the temperature to 100deg.C.
- The resultant pressure on the veneers ensured good contact while the shell was baked for around 30 minutes.
- Taken out of the Autoclave, the hull was removed from the mould and left to cure for one week.
- Varnished teak cockpit floor and engine box.
- Laid teak side and foredeck.
- Painted marine ply superstructure.
Engine & Gearbox:
- Single FPT (Iveco) N40 250hp turbo-charged 4 cylinder inboard marine diesel (2015).
- Fitted by Mermaid Marine – cost in the region of £25,000.00.
- 4.0 litre displacement, with electronic fuel injection.
- “A1” high performance engine version.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours –55 as of September 2017.
- Cruising speed – approx. 25 knots, maximum speed – approx. 30 knots.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Vetus hydraulic steering.
- Full engine instrumentation and chromed Morse control at helm position.
- 1 x 12V engine start
- 1 x 12V auxiliary power batteries.
- 12V engine alternator for charging.
- 2 x electric bilge pumps.
- Manual emergency back-up bilge pump.
- Capacity 227 litres (50 gallons).
- Fuel gauges at helm position.
- Fuel fillers.
- Manual tap at galley basin.
- Autohelm Tridata instrument.
- Sestrel steering compass.
- Navigation lights.
- Riding light.
- Blue galley worktop.
- Stainless steel sink with manual cold tap.
- Gas-driven refrigerator.
- Single burner gas hob.
- Stowage cupboard, lockers & drawer.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Single cabin layout vee sofa (to convert to two occasional single berths.
- White-painted interior, with some varnished teak trim panels.
- Blue saloon fabric upholstery.
- Varnished teak cabin floor.
- Twin axle RM road trailer (roadworthiness unverified).
- One pairs of side cleats and central foredeck mooring cleat.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- All exterior covers in canvas.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.