- View Full Specifications
Classic square topsail ketch
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Long Beach, CA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 349,000
REDUCED: "Miraka" Is hull number 8 of ten of the Mayflower series designed by Hugh Angelman and Charlie Davies. She was built by American Marine in Hong Kong to very high standards with the best quality materials. Originally owned by the actor Neville Brand. In the 1990s she was restored to like new condition in Port Townsend WA and is in excellent shape today.
Kept under full cover in Long Beach, she is available for viewing by appointment.
Listing agent: Lon Bubeck, CPYB
Cell (310) 291 5664
Please contact Lon Bubeck at (562) 594-9716
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 50 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 0 in
LWL: 36 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 40 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 0 in
Displacement: 60000 lbs
Ballast: 16000 lbs
Total Power: 85 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 1995
Engine Model: 4-236
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 530
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 85 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 2200 RPM
Maximum Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (200 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (200 Gallons)
Electrical Circuit: 24V
Access is via the pilothouse with port and starboard sliding doors. The pilothouse has a helm station forward to port , a settee aft of the helm has a fold-down table at its aft end. A narrow settee to starboard can pull out into a berth. Engine access is under the pilothouse sole.
Down and aft is the master cabin. A large double berth runs athwart-ships and a diesel heat stove is forward. An en-suite head is forward on the port. There are large opening ports to provide ventilation.
Down and forward from the pilothouse is the salon with the galley to port with pilot berths outboard and settees inboard there is a varnished teak drop leaf table on the center-line. Forward of the salon is an enclosed head with sink and shower. All of the way forward is the chain locker.
The L shaped galley is aft and port in the salon. It features a stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water, Force 10 stainless steel four burner propane stove and oven, microwave and ample storage in drawers, lockers and counter-tops. Opposite on starboard is the top loading two box fridge and freezer with a 110 volt chill plate refrigeration system. The refrigeration is currently non-operational due to a coolant leak.
- ComNav hydraulic autopilot
- Raytheon 24 mile radar
- Three VHF radios: Raytheon, Standard Horizon and Apelco, two in pilothouse and one at stern helm
- Standard Horizon CB radio
- Raytheon RC320 GPS
- Autohelm wind speed and direction
- Autohelm tri-data: Speed, depth, log
- Rudder angle indicator
- Alarm panel for fire, oil pressure, engine temp, carbon monoxide, high water, etc.
- CD/stereo with 10 disc changer
- Electroguard electrolysis control
- Two Danforth Constellation compasses
- 110 volt AC and 12 volt DC systems
- Two group 24 12 volt engine start batteries
- Six group t-125 6 volt batteries in a 12 volt house bank
- DC ammeter
- AC volt meter
- 2.5 KW Trace inverter/charger with monitor
- Balmar high output alternator with smart regulator
- Honda 2.7 KW portable generator in deck box
Deck and Hull
The hull is made of 1-5/8" old growth Burmese teak planks bronze screw fastened on double sawn 4"X4" Ipol frames on 16" centers. The deck is 1-1/4" teak on ipol frames.
During the rebuild in the mid 1990s the hull and deck were completely refurbished including but not limited to: New engine, new mast, rebuilding the transom, refastening the entire hull with silicon bronze screws, recalking the teak decks, removing and rebedding all deck and hull hardware, all new thru-hulls and seacocks.
- 66 pound Bruce primary anchor with 350' 3/8" chain rode
- 24 volt electric windlass
- Window, hatch, trailboard, transom canvas covers
- Full boat cover
- Coast Guard safety package
- Teak decks
- Fenders and mooring lines
- Spreader lights
- Boarding ladder
- 10 life jackets
- Dinghy davits
- Quicksilver 9' inflatable and 4HP Mercury two stroke outboard
Sails and Rigging
A new mainmast and topmast were installed in 1996 with all new standing rigging. Sails are dacron with bolt ropes, most by Port Townsend Sails.
- Box section wood mainmast stepped on keel
- Box section mizzen mast
- 7X9 galvanized wire standing rigging, parceled and served.
- Lanyard and deadeye rigging
- Profurl roller furler for headstay
- Mizzen running backstays
- Fife reils and pin rails
- Main course (square sail0
- Square tops'l
- Main stays'l with jib boom
- Mizzen stays'l
The Perkins 4-236 85HP motor was installed new in 1994 and currently has 530 hours.
- Engine compartment blower
- Two electric bilge pumps, two manual bilge pumps
- High water alarm
- Engine alarm
- Fresh water cooling on engine
- Handheld fire extinguishers
- Two electric heads with holding tank dischage
- 40 gallon holding tank has deck pump-out and macerator overboard discharge
- Hydraulic wheel steering
- Vetus 7HP bow thruster
- 24' three blade bronze propeller
- Dickerson diesel heater
- Print on main salon bulkead
- Tops'l with family crest
- Personal possessions and tools
Ready to sail today, "Miraka" is a irreplaceable piece of nautical history in superb condition. She comes with tons of spare, rigging, lines, blocks, etc. Included in the sale is the website that documents the vessel and it's rebuild.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Flying Cloud Yachts
Wilmington, CA, United States
San Pedro, CA, United States
Long Beach, CA, United States
Los Angeles, CA, United States
44' Hudson Seawolf
Ventura, CA, United States