1960 Ralph Winslow 28
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Port Madison, WA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 12,500
Absolutely Stunning Ralph Winslow design, built by C. Foss Boatbuilders, Bainbridge Island. This boat is quality throughout. Pride of ownership shows and no expense has been spared for maintenance. It was last hauled May of 2015 for Bottom and Topsides paint. The mast and boom are also in excellent condition, wooded and varnished with 6 coats of Awlgrip May 2015. Reliable 10hp Volvo Penta. Please call to arrange viewing, as boat is located in Madison Harbor, Bainbridge, Island. A true GEM.
Please contact Sandy Bakken at SEA Marine for additional information or to arrange a viewing. Office: 360-385-4000 Cell: 503-475-0619 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Sandy Bakken at SEA Marine for additional information, or to arrange viewing.
Office: 360-385-4000 Cell: 503-475-0619
Please contact Sandy Bakken at (360) 385-4000
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Total Power: 10 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Engine Power: 10 HP
Key Details - Construction
Designer: Ralph Winslow
Builder: C. Foss Boatbuilders, Bainbridge Island
LOA - 28’ ½” LWL – 23’ 4”
Draft – 4’ 6 ¼” Beam - 8' 7"
Displacement: 13,000 lbs
Ballast – Outside 4,000 lbs. iron
Inside 600 lbs. lead
Frames- Steam bent Oak
Planking – 1” Alaskan yellow Cedar
Bilge Stringers – 10 thru riveted
Decks – ¾” Teak over ¾ “ T&G Redwood, bedded and caulked with Chemseal
Fastenings – “Everdur”
Cabin sides - 1 ¼ “mahogany thrubolted - 18”
Cabin Top ¾” Marine Ply (laminated) 2pc. 3/8” fiberglassed
Engine – 30hp Universal Atomic 4 with 2:1 reduction. Monel shaft 14” x 11”
2 blade prop
Fuel - 28 gal. side tank and 30gal. forward tank
Water – 28 gal. side tank and 30 gal. forward tank
Stainless sink and galley pump
Neptune wood and coal stove
Last Haul out: May, 2015. Bottom and topsides sanded and painted.
Most recent survey: February, 2014
Prop and shaft: work fine, visually inspected August, 2016.
Rig, Spars, Sails and Sheets
- RIG, SPARS, SAILS, SHEETS- full details of what make, age & condition
- Wood mast and boom. Excellent condition. Mast was wooded and varnished with 6 coats of Awlgrip varnish, May, 2015.
- Unsure of manufacture date of sails. Main and 130% jib, good condition. Working jib (small blade) fair condition
- COCKPIT AREA- steering, equipment, covers, canvas, seating
- Tiller steering, covered by tarp. Seating is on wood thwarts, with curved bottom for comfort.
Engine, Tankage and Electrical
- ENGINE- make, age, HP, cruising speed, max speed, consumption, hours, service history, shaft seal, transmission
10 Hp. Volvo Penta. Original with boat. Sea water cooled.
- TANKAGE- size, material, location- fuel, water, holding
Water: 15 gallons, galvanized steel.
Fuel: 15 gallons, galvanized steel.
- ELECTRICAL- generator, inverter, shore power, batteries, pumps, AC/DC, solar
New Charger, batteries in good condition (ship and engine), electric bilge pump
Accommodation, Galley and Electronics
- ACCOMMODATION- berths- singles & doubles, layout, staterooms, heads, shower, heating
Sleeps two in main cabin (starboard and port bunks, port bunk pulls out to become double), two in forward V birth.
- GALLEY- headroom, stove, sinks, refrigeration, storage
Fresh water sink, portable propane stove, no refrigeration, ample storage
- ELECTRONICS/ NAVIGATION- makes, model #, age, condition
GPS, depth sounder, both fully operative
- DECK- anchor chain, rode, windlass, shore boat & engine, winches, propane, seating, hatches, BBQ, fenders, mooring lines
Ground tackle: CQR - type plow anchor, 75 feet of chain, 150 feet 5/8 braided nylon
Winches: two mast mounted for halyards, two cockpit winches for jib sheets, two smaller winches on cabin top for working jib
Opening hatch in forward cabin
Mooring lines: black, bow and stern
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.