- View Full Specifications
Priced to sell!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Rockport, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 65,000
Price Reduced: $65,000 now through June 16, 2017
Prima Donna is one of eleven S&S Nevins-40 "Type A" yawls built by the master yacht builder Henry B. Nevins in City Island. S&S modeled the series after Carlton Mitchell’s Finisterre, the only three time winner, (1956, 58, 60) of the Bermuda Race - considered by some as the perfect combination of a fast racer and a comfortable cruiser.
Please contact Rockport Marine at (207) 236-9651
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Henry Nevins
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
LOA: 40 ft 4 in
Beam: 11 ft 3 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 11 in
Total Power: 29 HP
Engine Brand: NANNIDIESEL
Year Built: 2009
Engine Model: N3-30
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 29 HP
Cruising Speed: 5 knots @ 3600 RPM
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (50 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (30 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (15 Gallons)
The current owner, purchased her in 1986. He has continued the tradition, winning the Marion-Bermuda Race in 1989, and has cruised extensively in her with his family to the Bahamas, Bermuda, and along the New England waters continually. Upgrades, extensive improvements and unusual traditional custom cabinetry has been done continually. The full improvement list is extensive, these are only some of the highlights:
· Muir Windless with 250' chain.
· Full re-fastening, new frames, & new floor bolts - Spring 2013.
· Nanni N3-30 diesel engine, new in 2010
· Auto-Helm Autopilot
· Garmin Chartplotter, with radar & weather overlay – cockpit displayed.
· A single double size berth in the forecabin
· Propane cabin heater
· Hot water, and shower with bilge
· FridgoBoat refrigerator/freezer
· Heart DC/AC Inverter
· Solar panel – trickle charger.
- S&S Nevins-40 Centerboard 40’ X 11’3” X 3’11”/7’9”
- Modeled after Carlton Mitchell’s Finesterre.
- (The only boat to win 3 consectutive Bermuda Races)
- 1956 – Henry Nevins, City Island, NY.
- 3 Owners: Original, 2nd from 1977-85, present owner from 1986.
- Refastened: 2013, with new in-between frames.
- Carvel Planked Mahogany Topsides, Bottom.
- Spoon bow with oak stem
- Transom Stern of Mahogany
- Frames are steam bent oak
- Floor timbers and deck beams are are oak
- Plywood with polyester overlay decks
- Full keel with lead ballast and internal centerboard of bronze.
- Superstructure: long low profile trunk caibn with aft cockpit.
- Deck wash & hose aside windless.
- 3 anchors: 45lb CQR; 30lb Fortress; 75lb Luke storm anchor
- 3 rodes: 250’ chain; 2 200’ ¾” nylon
- Removable anchor roller
- Additional anchoring equip.
- 2 Propane tanks
- Cockpit ABI fitting for fresh water hose.
- Jiffy reefing + separate main track for trysail.
- 2 auto bilge pumps (low/high) + direct manual from cockpit
- Garmin Chartplotter 5208 – for charts, radar, weather overlays.
- Heart DC/AC Inverter.
- Sails: Cruising main, racing main, storm trysail, cruising 135 jib, racing 145 jib, racing 165 jib code0, storm jib, heavy weather jib, mizzen sail, 3 mizzen staysails, 2 spinnakers (light/heavy).
- Reef-Rite roller furling with slugs not rope-bolt, for quickdrop.
- 100 gallons fresh water 2 50 gal monel tanks under port/stbd berths.
- Completely rewired in 1998
- Complete off-shore outfitting: PDFs, Jack-lines, safety harnesses with safety gear, 3 searchlights, tri-color light, Switlik 6 man life-raft.
- Many extra parts, both original & new
- Propane cabin heater
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.