- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Somerset, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 32,000
KAIKOURA - Is a Sparkman & Stephen's design # 1044, Gulfstream 36.
Built by the famous Derecktor Yard in Mamaroneck N.Y. in 1955.
Owned by the same family from 1955 until 2014.
Well built and a rare and unique vessel.
At the Mystic Show this year she won "Owner maintained Best in Show"
Please contact Peter Sterrett at 401 644-8395
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
- Keel: Full
- Hull Shape: Displacement
- LOA: 37 ft 0 in
- Beam: 10 ft 0 in
- LWL: 26 ft 0 in
- Sail Area: 615 sq ft.
- Max Draft: 5 ft 0 in
- Displacement: 16,500 lbs
- Ballast: 6400 lbs
- Inboard Direct Drive 50 hp Diesel
- Engine Brand: Perkins
- Engine Model: 4-108
- Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (75 Gallons)
- Fuel Tanks: 1 (55 Gallons)
- Number of single berths: 4
- Number of double berths: 1
- Number of heads: 1
Accommodations & Layout
- A V-Berth is located forward with storage below. The enclosed head is to port, with hanging locker opposite to starboard. The main salon has upper berths and lower transom settees. The galley is just under the companionway. Located to starboard is the ice box with varnished wood top, suitable for use displaying charts, etc. The sink is located on centerline and the galley stove is aft to port.
- Stainless steel sink with chromed bronze hand pump.
- Hillerange pressurized alcohol stove - two (2) burner with oven
- Monel-lined icebox
- The interior of the vessel is finished in the Herreshoff style, with large flat panels painted white with varnished trim details and overhead beams. Cabin sole is unfinished teak.
Engine & Mechanical Equipment
- Perkins 4-108, naturally aspirated diesel engine, 50 hp
- Engine hours - 1140 (as of June 2014)
- Velvet drive reduction gear
- 2-Bladed bronze fixed prop - 14" diameter - 10" pitch
- Engine gauges and controls located in cockpit
- 55 gallon Monel diesel tank - located under cockpit sole
- Racor fuel filter with fuel manifold and shut-off
- Wilcox Crittenden Manual head
- Two (2) 75 gallon Monel fresh water tanks, located under salon settees
Hull & Deck General
- Hull is white. Deckhouse, cockpit coamings, hatches, etc are varnished. The main deck, cockpit seats and floor and cabintop are Dynel cloth laid in epoxy.
- Single planked Mahogany on steam bent oak frames, white oak floors. Bronze reinforced floors in way of keel bolts and bronze reinforced mast step. Full length sheer clamp and bilge stringers. Sheer clamp reinforced for loading of genoa track. Nine-foot longitudinal truss port and starboard in way of chainplates to distribute rig load.
- Tiller: Direct steering
- Oak rudder with bronze drifts, gudgeons and pintles
- 12v DC System
- Batteries are lead/acid:
- House bank - 2 x Group 27
- Start bank - 2 x Group 24
- Engine-mounted alternator: 55A
- DC distribution panel located at Nav Station
- Lighting is 12v DC throughout
Electronics & Navigation Equipment
- Kelvin White 4" compass
- Horizon VHF radio
- Autohelm Autopilot - mounted to rudder stock - under deck to custom bronze tiller arm.
- Datamarine Spedo/Depthfinder
- Furuno 1720 Radar
- 4" brass barometer and ships clock
- Yachtsman-type anchor
- Bronze pulpit - pushpit and stanchions
- Wood boading ladder
- Two (2) bronze dorade ventilators
Sail Handling Equipment
- Two (2) Barient #27-48 BST primary winches
- Two (2) Guest ST secondary winches
- One (1) Barient wire winch for main halyard
- One (1) Lewmar #30STB headsail halyard winch
- Full complement of original bronze hardware - including Merriman wood cheek blocks.
Spars - Sails & Rigging
- Sitka spruce spars - box section
- Main mast keep stepped on bronze mast step over 8 floor/frame pairs
- 1x19 stainless steel standing rigging with swaged terminals
- Bronze turnbuckles
- Bronze chainplates
- Throwable horseshoe
- Six (6) USCG Type II life jackets
- Two (2) 5lb ABC fire extinguishers
- High capacity hand diaphragm pump
- Jabsco remote diaphragm pump with float
- Two (2) Rule submersible 12vDC pumps
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Herreshoff Yacht Sales
Sparkman & Stephens
La Ceiba, Honduras
Mattapoisett, MA, United States
Bristol, RI, United States
Buzzard's Bay 25
Unknown, United States
Newport, RI, United States
Bristol, RI, United States