Harbor Tug or Railroad Tug built by Jacobson Shipyard.
In very clean, good working order.
Previously owned by the Port Authority of Eastport, Maine. Always well maintained.
95' LOA, Beam 26', Draft 13-4, Headroom at helm 7-6
Net Tons: 130, Gross Tons: 192
Cleveland diesel electric 12V27 1200 HP - Driving a Generator
Generator powers Electric Drive Motor with Reverse Gear
Farrell SMU 30/18 5.846:1 reverse gear
Cruise 9 knots, max speed 10.5 knots
Fuel burn 35 to 40 gph at 9.5 knots, reduce speed, reduce gph
Fuel 20,000 gals in steel tanks
Water 1,000 gals
Generators: Two 30KW DC Delco Detroit 3-71 powered
Electrical: 120 volts DC + 120 Volts AC with 10KW genset
Radios: 2 - VHF Ray Jefferson 5000 and Sitex Mariner
Depth Sounder: Sea D3001
GPS: Sitex Neptune
Berths for 3 crew, head and shower
500 lb stockless anchor
Winch Skegit hydrualic
2300 gals diesel fuel on board
Survey 2008, copy available
Last haul out 2008 for normal maintenance
Restoration and conversion to yacht in progress
Basic operation: engine drives generator which powers an electric drive motor connected to the reduction gear, drive shaft and propeller. This provides very precise control of applied power to the propeller, from just turning to full power in seconds with ability to reverse at any power setting.
- Installed new house battery bank (3 - 8D size AGM deep cycle).
- Installed new AIM 5 kw Pure sine wave inverter.
- Rewired living areas to 115 AC from generator or inverter.
- Rewired deck perimeter lights to 115 AC from generator or inverter.
- Installed new electric hot water heater.
- Fabricated navigation instrument panel in wheelhouse.
- Installed switch/fuse panel for navigation instruments.
- Installed new Furuno model 1935 - 48 Mile Radar.
- Installed new Furuno model GP35 GPS.
- Installed new Furuno Model FA50 Class B AIS transponder.
Fully operational, on the dock in Boston. Very good running condition. Ready to work.
Dockside, plugged in, heated, turn key, ready to go.