Traditional Cornish fishing boat built for pilchard driving by Adams and Pape, Looe, Cornwall in 1947. The yard had been fully occupied building MFVs for the Admiralty during the war and it is probable that she was built with the nice quality timber left over. 36' x 9'3" x 5'3" 15 tons. Planked in pine fastened with galvanised boat nails onto heavy sawn oak frames. The frames are made up of pairs of futtocks with oak floors on an oak back-bone. Laid pine deck, caulked and payed. The hull was refastened in 2006. Hydraulic steering.
120hp naturally aspirated, fresh water cooled, 6-cyl Ford with a PRM 3:1 hydraulic gearbox. The engine, like the original is set forward with a long shaft carried on plummer blocks, new 2" stainless steel shaft. 9.5knts at 1800rpm. 4.5 gph 300 litres fuel in steel tank to stbd of the engine with unused 300litre tank to port with balancing pipe. Midships deck hatch with 10" coamings divided into forward net hold and after fish hold. 2 berths aft, accessed by a hatch in the wheel-house sole. It is almost incredible to think that 2 men slept down there while one man was on deck. Sea toilet right up forward of the engine. Radar, 5 yrs old GPS Sounder Plotter VHF radio Life raft in date to 10/09 12v electric windlass
This is a proper historic vessel, only 3 owners frm new, 43 years with the same Cornish family. She was decommissioned in February 1998 and has been preserved in present ownership. Now time for someone else to take over this little piece of our maritime history.