- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / Other
- Located In:
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 1,800,000 (US$ 2,004,480)
Sail into history about Weatherbird. Built in 1931 in Normandy by Sarah and Gerald Murphy , an eccentric American couple expatriated to Paris during the Prohibition years, Weatherbird hosted on board some of the most famous intellectuals and artists of the time. Among them Hemingway, Dos Passos, Picasso, Dorothy Parker, Man Ray and Archibald MacLeish. Fernand Léger, inspired by the schooner, created the "Weatherbird portfolio", a series of watercolor paintings, and F. Scott Fitzgerald portrayed the Murphys as the main charactersof its novel "Tender is the night".
Curious, creative and generous, Gerald and Sarah Murphy were the soul of the "Transatlantiques", a group of Americans that would sail across the ocean, fascinated by European culture and the dolce vita of the French Riviera.
Weatherbird, whose keel holds, sealed in, a record of the eponymous Louis Armstrong song, was built from the drawings and under the super vision of Vladimir Orloff, a Russian aristocrat who escaped the Revolution, was a friend of the Murphys and became the first commander of the schooner.
Thanks to a meticulous restoration, Weatherbird has been returned to its original splendor and offers an unforgettable holiday in time and history, in an atmosphere of elegance paired with great comfort and nautical excellence. For almost a century, thanks to the innovative vision of Vladimir Orloff, Weatherbid has been sailing the seas. Its guests enjoy the unique experience of navigating at sea level and reveling in the spacious areas of relaxation and luxury, while sleeping in roomy cabins and using the wonderful outdoors space for living and hosting.
Please contact Master User at (207) 236-9651
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Chantiers Navals de Normandie
LOA: 100 ft 0 in
Beam: 20 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 12 ft 0 in
Engine Brand: Mercedes
Engine Model: 200 Hp 2 x 2,774 Hp MTU
Engine/Fuel Type: Other
Cruising Speed: 9 knots
- 1998- first total refitting Shipyard CANTIERI DELL’ ARGENTARIO
- Total makeover of the teak deck, deckhouse and all external reporting style superstructure of the boat to the origins.
- Up to date of electrical, hydraulic systems, sea valves, etc.
- Construction stainless steel tanks for grey and black waters. Replacement hull plates and pins.
- Complete revision of the Interior with new furnishings
- Winter 2007/2008 work-Marina di Scarlino
- Massive work on the waterline with replacement of numerous boards, reinforcement of frames where they had of weak points and 700 replacement pin tables on hull
- 2011/2012 winter jobs-Marmaris Turkey
- Unique fusion of building a new iron ballast bulb from 14 tons
- 10 pin replacement galvanised steel loops from 40 mm diameter
- Construction of 10 floor in galvanised steel and treated with epoxy painting placed in correspondence of the pins to join bulb keel and keelson.
- 72 stainless steel pins 14 mm square-head screw for fastening the reinforcement ordered floor.
- Complete revision of the hull and subsequent maintenance
- Cleaning and painting of all repositioning and bilge tanks cleaning. Plumbing and replacing electrical sea valves.
- Rationalization and maintenance of the engine room
- The ship is structurally strong and ready to navigate.
- Replacement steel shrouds.
- Check the momentum of Stern with possible need to
- Remaking of the Copal sharing from wood
- Length: 100''/30.48m
- Beam: 20'/6.10m
- Draft: 12'/3.66m
- Number of crew: 5
- Built: 1931
- Build: Chantiers Navals de Normandie
- Flag: Malta
- Hull construction: wood
- Number of cabins: 4
- Cabin configuration: 2 double, 2 twins
- Number of guests: 8
- Engines: Mercedes 200 Hp 2 x 2,774 Hp MTU
- Cruising speed: 9 knots
- Fuel consumption: 30 l/h including generators 1000 L/h
- Fuel capacity: 2200 lt main tank +400lt secondary tank
- Generators: Onan mod. 17,5 DKAE 17 KW 220 volts triphase power pack Cummins 155 HP KW 220 volts triphase with hydraulic pump - 450 hours
- Battery Charger: Mastervolt 100 Amps 24 volts
- Batteries: Lead batteries 1000AH 24 volts - year 2013
- Inverters: Mastervolt 1500watts 24/220 volts - Victron 1600 watts 24/220 volts
- Autoclave pumps: 2x 24 volts
- Bow thruster
- Water capacity: 2000 lt with UV filter
- Water makers: 2 x Marinco 150/lt/hr each
- Grey Water: 60lt in stainless steel tanks
- Black water: 400lt in stainless steel tanks
- Air conditioning: Condaria PCWM/flc- 2 compressors 2Hp 48000BTU/h
- Air compressor for diving bottles
- Windlass: 220vt triphase
- Anchors: 1x Bruce 82 kg - 1x CQR 80Kg
- Anchor chains: 240 mt stud link galvanized chain
- Boarding ladder: 1 side teal boarding ladder
- Passerelle: Teak passerelle
- Bow and cockpit cushions
- 3 x wood dining tables
- Wooden chairs and deckchairs
- Awnings: Deck awnings throughout
- GPS: Lorenz
- Autopilot: Simrad
- VHF: Sailor RT 2048
GALLEY and LAUNDRY
- 2 x deep refrigerators
- 1 x ice maker
- 1 x freezer 200vt
- Sparkling watermaker
- Bosch washing machine
- Tender toys: Novurania 5,3m with 150 hp outboard, Novurania 4,2 m with 50 hp outboard, Waverunner, Water-skis, Kneeboard, Tubes, Banana, Canoe, Fishing equipment, Snorkelling equipment.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from David Jones Yacht Brokerage at Rockport Marine
Baja, United States
Rockland, ME, United States
Rockland, ME, United States
Albany, NY, United States