- Video Gallery
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Twin / diesel
- Located In:
- Vancouver, BC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 1,295,000
"Taconite" is a 125 foot luxury yacht built specifically for sailing the spectacular coasts in the Pacific Northwest. Experience fine craftsmanship of a bygone era of yacht building- "Taconite" is constructed of first growth teak on cypress ribs, with teak 2" decking. She can accommodate ten guests in five staterooms; including a large master suite with an en-suite bath. Two of the guest staterooms include a bath en-suite, one with a shower. The yacht's crew has their own separate berthing area in the fore ship lower deck ahead of the engine room. The large Salon has ample viewing windows is a comfortable place to sit back and relax, watching the beautiful scenery glide past, read a good book or simply visit and enjoy the company. The covered aft deck is a spacious area to sit and enjoy the ocean wildlife on the way to your destination. The dining room with fine linens and wood high-backed chairs is adorned with intricate patterned rug and beautiful brass portholes. The Boeing family commissioned this yacht and was launched in 1930-and this vintage Classic continues to carry with her the aura of the time she was built. The general condition of the vessel is very good, she is a one of a kind built and equipped to the highest of yacht standards. Under her present ownership, she has continuously been upgraded and refurbished.
Shown by Appointment. Contact Emerald Pacific Yachts at 206-587-0660 / email@example.com or the Listing Broker, Terry Cooke at 206-618-8918 / firstname.lastname@example.org View all our vessels at www.epyachts.com. For extensive info and listings of Rivieras go to www.rivierayachtswest.com
Please contact Terry Cooke at 206-618-8918
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Flag of Registry: Canada
LOA: 125 ft 0 in
Beam: 25 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 0 in
Total Power: 440 HP
Engine Brand: Atlas Imperial
Engine Model: Direct Reverse
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 220 HP
Engine Brand: Atlas Imperial
Engine Model: Direct Reverse
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 220 HP
Cruising Speed: 10 knots
Maximum Speed: 12 knots
Fuel Tanks: (4250 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 5
Number of heads: 4
The Classic Yacht, "Taconite" is 125 feet of classic beauty. She is one of the best preserved teak-hulled motor yachts, built on the West Coast in the early decades of the last century. Commissioned by William E. Boeing, the founder of Boeing Aircraft, as a private pleasure yacht which served his family for the next 47 years. Taconite was launched in 1930. The interior is reminiscent of a luxury hotel from the 1930's comprising of four staterooms each with en-suite baths. The main salon is built for relaxation and furnished with much of the original furniture and connects to the aft deck with a wet bar and a great vantage point for enjoying the passing scenery. The formal dining room can comfortably accommodate ten guests. The large, beautiful teak decks are the perfect place for sun bathing, outdoor activities or a great casual dining experience. "Taconite" has been sailing the waters in this area for over 85 years & is a legend known up and down the Northwest Coast. It is estimated that to replace this yacht and build new construction, it would cost over thirty million dollars.
Description & General Condition:
Taconite is a custom-built twin screw motoryacht of teak carved plank on frame construction by Boeing Aircraft of Canada 1930. She was designed and built for the Boeing family and purchased by the present owner in 1987. Her hull is a round bilge, heavy displacement form with a slightly raked stem and canoe stern. Power is provided by two Atlas Imperial direct reversing marine diesel engines rated at 220 brake horsepower each. These engines were installed in 1938. On deck, superstructure comprises a full sized house extending from the forward quarter to well aft, the aft deck is also enclosed.
A formal dining room is forward followed by a galley and butler's pantry. Within the galley area is a stairwell leading to the bridge. This is followed by a large engine room & day head. The Owner's Stateroom and its head compartment follow. The salon is next, followed by the enclosed aft deck. There is a stairwell leading from the salon to guest staterooms below decks aft. All compartments are served by a companionway extending from the dining room to the salon along the starboard side. Below decks forward is the crew area with four staterooms, head/shower compartment and lounge. The machinery space and fuel tankage follow. Aft, there are three large guest staterooms with head compartments followed by the lazarette. The upper deck has a wheelhouse, navigation area and office which are followed by the captain's quarters and head. The wing bridges are partially enclosed. There is a stateroom with ensuite aft of the stack area. Three boats on davits are on this deck.
The exterior is finished in white enamel paint with varnished teak trim. The wheelhouse is completely varnished. All decks are of teak. The interior is finished to high standard with many valuable fixtures.
Overall condition is very good. This is one of a kind vessel built and equipped to the highest of yachts standards. Under her present ownership she continues to undergo upgrades and refurbishing.
Recent upgrades and refurbishing include:
- Custom machining of new main engine fuel pumps ($8,000)
- New outboard for tender
- Add bench seating in Wheelhouse
- Converted Radio Room on Upper deck to Head Compartment with direct access to adjacent stateroom
- Hull repaint
- Ongoing varnish stripping and recoating
- Hauled out in 2013 and inspected
- Vessel is moored in its own shelter at Reed Point Marina. This is available for sale at the value of $890,000. It is fabricated of steel with a 600 VAC electrical circuit, fire hydrant and fire boat stationed less than 1/8NM away.
Length: 125 ft.
Draft: 10 ft.
Beam: 25 ft.
Builder: Boeing Aircraft of Canada
Year Built: 1930
Engines: Twin Atlas Imperial Diesels
Speed: 10.5 kts. per hour
Port: Vancouver, B.C.
Length: 116' registered
Displacement: approx. 432 tons
Type: Twin Screw Motoryacht
Tonnage: 289.45 gross, 157.95 net registered
- Carved teak plank on frame built by Boeing Aircraft of Canada in Vancouver B.C. Hull type is a round bilge heavy displacement- slightly raked stem and canoe stern.
- 3"-4" teak planking below waterline
- 2 3/4" teak planking above waterline-carvel gumwood stem
- eucalyptus horn & keel
- Framing: 4"x8" double frames (8"x8")
- 4 watertight steel bulkheads
- 2" cypress full hull ceiling
- 4" angle iron deck shelf
- steel engine girders full length of machinery space
- Deck: 2 1/4" teak, 3 3/4"x4 1/2" yellow cedar beams, 4"x8" steel I beams aft below boat deck.
- Fastenings: Swedish steel spikes wrapped in linen and tarred. Approximately ten fastenings were pulled for inspection in 2001, & all decks were recaulked.
- Watertight Integrity: All deck openings fitted with satisfactory closures
- Sea connections: 9 scuppers, 4 sanitary, 1 fire hydrant, 2 auxiliary
- Valved: yes, bonded, routinely serviced
- Caulking: on scheduled maintenance program
- Watertight compartments: 5
- Boston Whaler with 75 HP engine
- 18ft. tender with 300 HP engine
- 2 - Ocean kayaks
- 2 Atlas Imperial Diesel Engine Co. rated at 220 BHP each, 6 cylinder, slow speed, direct reversing marine engines installed in the vessel in 1938
- Starting: air- Curtis 7.5 hp two stage air compressor, 4 air receivers
- Cooling: fresh water via Walters keel coolers installed new in 1991
- Exhaust: dry via lagged stack
- Shafting: 4 1.2 bronze tail shafts, 4" mild steel intermediate shafts, two intermediate bearings and 1 thrust bearing.
- Propeller: Osborne 53x51, 5 blade propellers Superston 40 new 1995
- Struts: Vee
- Rudder: Single cast steel
- Steering: direct mechanical with two speed power assist
- Controls: From engine room and bridge to engine room telegraph. Wheelhouse control assemblies have been installed. MMC electronic bow thruster control in wheel house.
- Auxiliary Machinery: Superior 30 kw 120 VDC 3 cylinder marine diesel generator set completely rebuilt in 1989.
- Electrical Generators: 2 Northern Lights 20kw 120 VAC marine diesel generators in sound shield installed new in 1989/91 #1: 2628 hours, #2: 7,426 hours
- Isuzu 6 BDIPW, 6 cylinder marine diesel driving hydraulic bow thruster pump and standby air compressor, installed new in 1988, 150 Gal. Hydraulic tank in crew's quarters
- Instrumentation: Tachometer, water temperature, Oil pressure, starting air pressure, fuel pressure, exhaust pyrometer, fuel level sights gauges in fidley.
- Alarms: Mains: oil pressure and level, water temperature and level. Aux: oil pressure, water temperature
- Comments: Main engines and original generator were converted to fresh water cooling via keel coolers in 1991. Main engines- all main and rod bearings renewed since 1980. An extensive main engine parts inventory is in hand.
- Ship's Voltage: 120 VDC, 110 /240 VAC, 12 VDC
- Wiring: braided copper, much has been replaced
- Overload protection: circuit breakers and fuses
- Battery Stowage: 1 bank 110 VDC 45T-15 deep cycle heavy duty lead acid batteries secured in vented boxes below machinery space floor plates.
- Master switches: VDC and VAC electrical panels with master, distribution and transfer switches, AC panel new in 2001.
Professional Mariner 80A, 12V for bridge electronics
Dynamote 50A, 110 DC to AC inverter
15KVA rectifier AC to DC
Statpower 20A + 12V charger for gen sets
Ratelco 110 VDC, 25A charger
Glendinning 50A Cablemaster
- Wiring upgraded to meet with CSI requirements. Also: fitted: AC main and distribution panels, AC and DC ammeters and voltmeters, Beaver isolation transformer.
- Approved navigation lights
- Sperry Magnetic Compass
- Autopilot: Sperry 8T with course recorder and rudder angle indicator
- Radar: Sperry Mk127E, 120 mile radar
Raytheon 1210 raster scan
- Radio: Sailor RT144AC VHF
Sailor: RT2048 VHF
Horizon hand held VHF
- Depth Sounder: Datamarine offshore digital (1989) Morrow S120B flashing
- GPS: Northstar 941C chart plotter
- Other: Datamarine knotmeter/log
2 Sperry VDC remote spotlights
Glenayre autotel telephone, Motorola cellular telephone
Satcome telephone and satellite entertainment system
Clock and barometer, ship's bell, intercom
12V electrical panel in wheelhouse for electronics
ammeter and voltmeter, 2 banks 12V deep cycle
batteries boxed at wheelhouse
- Ample portable fire extinguishers both CO2 and dry chemical
- 5 @ 50 lb. and 1 @50 lb. fixed CO2 systems for machinery space and galley - these are manually activated systems
- 2 1/4" bilge/FiFi system with 2 deck hydrants, Monarch 2 1/4" VDC electric pump
- Monarch 3" VDC sanitary pump, as emergency standby
- 2 1/4" gasoline driven scow pump plumbed into system, fixed on boat deck
- fire buckets, fire axes
- adequate life jackets
- 2 life rings with SI lights, two without
- 12 approved flares
- security system
- Good bilge/hydrant system
- 2 1/4" bilge hydrant system with 4 bilge suction manifold
- Monarch 2 1/4" 110 VDC pump
- Sanitary pump is emergency standby
- gasoline driven pump is emergency standby
- bilge water alarms- 3
- PMS 650 bower anchor, 480' of 3/4" stud link chain
- PMS 500 bower anchor, 600 of 5/8" stud link chain
- electric anchor windlass 2 drum
- chain stoppers
- 2 stern anchors stowed in lazzarette
- Aft capstan electric
- custom bronze mooring bitts
- boarding platform with lifting davit
- boat deck benches- life jacket storage below, varnished teak lounge furniture
- canvas covers- benches, boats, cap rails
- Stove: Garland commercial gas fired stove with oven and broiler GE microwave
- Refrigerator: full sized built-in freezer, refrigerators
Universal 110 VDC refrigeration compressor
Danby deep freeze
- Heater: Buderus diesel boiler
Radiant hot water heat throughout vessel with 4 zone electronic control airtight wood burning stove in salon
- Fresh water: 5,250 gallons in 5 epoxy-coated iron tanks (epoxied 1991)
Deming 110 VDC pressure pump
hot water via diesel boiler
- MSD: domestic toilets throughout
110 VDC sanitary supply pump
110 VDC 3" Monarch discharge pump with sump tank
- Other: Kitchen Aid dishwasher
Maytag heavy-duty stacking washer and dryer
Aft deck custom wet bar and serving area.
- Boston Whaler 17' Montauk center console run-a-bout, 13K82195, HIN: BWCJ6324B585 (1985) with 2008 Evinrude 90 hp outboard. Equipped with VHF radio and video sounder.
- Boston Whaler 13' Sport run-a-bout, 13K82196, HIN: BWCK3220B585 (1985) with Mercury 25 hp outboard, SN: 6593197. Equipped with VHF radio.
- all tenders stowed on upper deck
- launching is via davits
- larger boats use 110 VDC winches
- smaller boats use block and tackle and hand winches
- all lifting hardware in good condition
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.