HMS Hood Admirals launch
Own a piece of world History
Other photos: Photo 1, sitting alongside HMS Hood, pilot flat, Photo 4.
Needs to be restored
This Vessel was the first Pinnace in the Royal Navy to have Diesel engines. The Brass Funnel was retained to give her the look of her sisters. Vsl served on HMS Rodney and HMS Nelson throughout the 1930's. Last served aboard HMS Hood. Italian Capitulation was signed aboard in 1943. She was stored in a cave in Malta during WWII. Thereafter served as Launch for Commandant of the Royal Navy dockyard in Malta.
Retired from Royal Navy 1958. Brought to US with the 12 meter Yacht Sceptre as the Royal Yacht Squadron Challenger for the America's Cup as escort vessl for the 12 meter. She then aquired her name "Made of Honor"
Bought by the Dupont Family in 1959, and came to Sturgeon Bay in 1983.
Vessel is in restoration condition and located in Milwaukee Wi. The owner has all the brass fittings stored in a local facility close to the hull. Hull has been under cover on the hard since 2004. original Rudder is missing. This is a very special "one of a kind" boat. Owner has a lot of the historical data on her.
Hull is intact. Most of her appendages are being stored by the owner. Please call for more info.
Please contact Anthony at 414-899-4522
Please contact Anthony Cirillo at (510) 523-5988
Contact New Era Yachts.