1913 Fred Shepherd 37' Gaff Cutter
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 39,500 (US$ 55,189)
Fred Shephard 37’ Gaff Cutter BEELEIGH is certainly a special yacht - she presents the opportunity to own a fantastic piece of British boat building history. She has been well cared for and maintained following extensive restoration in the 90s. Now looking for a new owner to love, care, cherish, race and cruise her.
Please contact Sophie Higgs at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Stone of Brightlingsea
Designer: Fred Shepherd
LOA: 44 ft 0 in
Beam: 9 ft 10 in
LWL: 36 ft 8 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 11 in
Displacement: 12973 kgs
Engine Brand: Lombardini
Engine Model: LDW 1503 M
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Number of single berths: 2
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Pitch pine planking copper riveted on oak frames and laminated mahogany beams at 9 inch spaces.
- Teak deck planking over ply sub deck.
- Mahogany cockpit and coach roof.
- Varnished teak cover board and toe rail.
- Epoxy filler and glass sheathed.
Keel & Rudder:
- Oak deadwood keel.
- Iron long keel.
- Keel hung wooden rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Lombardini LDW 1503 M Diesel engine.
- Hydraulic drive to gearbox.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 3 blade folding prop offset to starboard.
- Tiller steering.
- 2 x 12 V 110 A batteries under berths.
- Full complement of navigation lights and decklight.
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit.
- Electric bilge pump.
- Stainless steel Diesel tank under port berth.
- Stainless steel freshwater tank under berth.
- Calor gas bottle in lazarette.
- Garmin GPS map 5515.
- Raymarine GPS RN300.
- Raymarine 54 E VHF.
- Raymarine ST60 set Depth / Speed / Wind.
- ST4000+ autopilot.
- Ritchie steering compass.
- Hand bearing compass.
- Panasonic CD radio.
- Plastimo Neptune 2000 double gas ring / grill.
- Sink with brass fresh water hand pump.
- Fridgemaster fridge.
- 1 x Head.
- 2 x Reading lights.
Summary of Accommodation:
- From cockpit sliding hatch and companionway steps down to main cabin.
- Mahogany joinery and hardwood bulkheads.
- 2 x Bronze opening ports; one each side.
- White painted deck head, varnished deck beams and skylights.
- Teak and holly cabin sole.
- Galley to port.
- Semi bulkheads to Saloon area.
- 2 Large settee berths.
- Table over engine cover on centreline.
- Doorway access to fore cabin.
- 2 berths and head with Jabsco WC fwd.
- Hatch over.
- Sail etc. stowage and anchor locker.
- Coming aft through the saloon to navigation station.
- Lifting chart table with cupboards outboard and teak pilot’s seat.
- Lockers and cupboards outboard.
- Bronze fairleads port and stbd.
- Harken Wykeham Martin furler for main jib at end of bowsprit.
- Bronze stanchions and guard rails to both sides.
- Other blocks are a mix of traditional ash cheeked and some modern.
- 35 lb plough type anchor and chain.
- Sampson post.
- Muir bronze electric windlass powered by dedicated battery.
- Fore hatch.
- All 11 halyards to deck level by the mast.
- Pine pin rail with 8 x Spinlock clutches.
- 2 x handy billy to tension.
- Raised trunk cabin with butterfly hatches over tapering to higher doghouse aft.
- Grabrails on coach roof.
- Sliding main hatch.
- Deep sunken cockpit.
- Seating port and stbd with lifting seat access below.
- 6 Part mainsheet wooden blocks to Harken jammer on aft deck.
- Bronze mooring cleats P&S.
- Bronze fairleads P&S.
- Gaff Cutter.
- Hinged bowsprit.
- Split top mast.
- Topsail jack staff.
- Spruce keel stepped mast and boom.
- GRP pole to boom out kite.
- Running backstays through wooden blocks.
- 7 mm 9x19 Stainless steel standing rigging.
- 6 x Lewmar bronze 16 ST foresail and backstay winches mounted outboard.
- Main, topsail, topsail Jib, Yankee Jib and staysail all Ratsey; 3 years use.
- Main Jib, Asymmetric Spinnaker by Sanders 2011.
- Ensign and flagpole.
- Anchor ball and Motor sailing cone signal.
- Bosuns chair.
- Horse shoe life ring on aft deck.
- Commodore MOB system.
- 2 x Dry powder extinguishers.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.