Luck is supposed to favour the brave – there is something almost humble about this boat but surely she courageously dropped her pilot on board in a sou’ westerly gale in the Swash channel off Poole at the turn of the 19th Century. Her reward has been a loving rebuild leaving her as strong and trustworthy now as then – a reprieve indeed – she has a very large cockpit for a vessel of this style and with generous raised bulwarks, her rig and inventory make her incredibly user friendly for such a boat from this period.
We are dedicated to sharing our knowledge, experience, enthusiasm and empathy with you our existing and prospective clients. Whether you want to buy or to sell we list a wide range of yachts; sail and motor - aiming always to ensure your search should be neither confusing nor time wasted. Our own website is www.sandemanyachtcompany.co.uk Our email address is email@example.com
Please contact Barney Sandeman at +44 (0)1202 330077
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Newman’s Boatyard Poole
LOA: 41 ft 0 in
Beam: 10 ft 4 in
Length on Deck: 35 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Fresh Water Tanks: (27)
Fuel Tanks: (22)
Number of single berths: 4
Number of cabins: 2
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Total Liferaft Capacity: 4
Built by Newmans, REPRIEVE was apparently one of only two pilot cutters known to have been constructed in Poole. In the 1950s - then rigged as a yawl, she was acquired by Cyril Cozens, who with his father restored her to her original cutter rig. Up to the early ‘80s, he used her both for pleasure and as a workhorse, positioning mooring buoys in support of his role as bosun of Marchwood Sailing Club. A lovely picture of her under full sail was probably at an old gaffers race in 1978.
A turndown in Cyril’s fortunes had REPRIEVE permanently laid up at Quayside Marina in Southampton and in 1994, looking for a project her present owner acquired her - while retaining Cyril and his boat building skills for the restoration. This was to be major task, not helped - after much work had already been done - in her being unwittingly moved and grounded on a falling tide before she was properly seaworthy. Nevertheless recovered again, work restarted in May 2000 and she progressed albeit slowly to her completion and re commission in the Autumn of 2007.
- Carvel; one inch pitch pine planking over steam bent oak frames at c 9 inch centres - Deep floors, believed of oak; some with mild steel capping - Long solid timber keel, believed of elm with cast iron long ballast section - New laid deck of Douglas fir planking on marine ply base - Mahogany and other hardwood superstructure - Transom hung timber plank rudder
Accommodation and Domestic Equipment
From the generous cockpit and forward over the engine space hatch sliding coach hatch and companionway steps lead down to the main cabin. Immediately to port is the Chart table / navigation space with upholstered bench seat and to starboard the galley equipped with: - Plastimo 2000 LPG cooker hob and oven - Isotherm - Marine refrigerator - Sink with hot & cold water taps - Full range of cooking utensils: frying pan, saucepans, ovenware, dishes etc. - Brass spotlight.
The main cabin lies forward with settee berths each side and featuring - 2 x Overhead storage lockers - 2 x Crockery & other storage lockers - 6 x Brass fixed lights - 2 x Brass spotlights - Upholstery to seats and bunks - interlock to form cabin berth mattresses - Brass gimballed oil light - Denby crockery4 settings, each of large and side plates, mugs, saucers & cereal bowls - 4 x Tumblers & 4 x wine glasses - 4 x Place settings cutlery plus servers, carvers & galley knives etc
Forward starboard side is the head compartment with - Sink Unit with hot and cold taps - Adjustable Double sided Shaving Mirror - Jabsco Manual Flushing WC - Vanity Cupboard with fitted mirror
The fore cabin contains - Brass Plastimo ships clock with alarm - 2 x Brass spotlights - Interior fitted sprung mattress - Upholstery to bench seating - Duvets, pillow cases & fitted sheets - 5 x Fleeces for crew; black with REPRIEVE embroidered across the backs - Stowage; shelving, drawer & locker
Rig Spars and Sails
- Mast, boom, gaff, topsail spars and bowsprit - new 2007 - Rigging, halyards, blocks, sail sheets etc - new 2007 - Jib; white - new 2007 - Forestaysail; tan - new 2007 - Working staysail; tan - new 2008 - Mainsail; tan - new 2007 - Topsail; tan - new 2009 - Jib; white – older spare useable. - Small flax forestaysail; tan - just useable
Deck Equipment and Ground Tackle
- 7 x winches all in excellent working condition - Overall winter & boom sail cover - new 2007 - Covers for cockpit, hatch, 2 x skylight & 5 x winch - new 2007 - Sun awning & detachable side panels - new 2008 - Anchor, chain & cable rope - new 2008 - Anchor Ball - Mooring ropes; blue - new 2006 + assorted older rope - 2 x Fenders; v large white - new 2006 - Bronze headed boathook - Navigation & deck lights - new 2007
Cockpit Equipment Lockers
- Manual bilge pump - Boom crutch also serves as emergency tiller - Engine controls; Yanmar & Morse - Shower controls - Antique steering wheel - Magnetic steering compass with light - Instrument readout repeaters and brass covers - NASA Clipper GPS, wind, log & depth and compass - 3 x side lockers - 2 x aft lockers storage for 2 x LPG Bottles (Corgi Installed – Certificate No: 069/03) - Shower piping & stop valves - Fwd under sole sail stowage - Aft under sole painting & general running repair equipment etc
Mechanical Electrical and Tankage
- Engine – Yanmar 3GM30F Marine Diesel – 27 HP – Serial No: E29789 - 3 x Delphi M27 MF Freedom marine batteries 12 V 105 AH - Zetagi switching battery charger model: MSC2612 Serial No: 0502006 - Electrical control board to high spec build - Fuel tank c 22 gallon / 101 litre - Water tank c 16 gallon / 72 litre - Soft water tank c 11 gallon / 50 litre under fore cabin berth - Sigmar Marine EG Inox calorifier / Flojet pump pressurised water system - Johnson pump accumulator tank - Hot water tank fitted with 240 V immersion heater - Deckwash / roving bilge pump – Flojet pump 4325 Series - 2 x strip light in engine compartment
Navigation Communication and Electronics
- Plastimo – Brass ships clock, barometer & hygrometer - Garmin GPSMAP 276C. Serial No 59219690 - NASA gyro compass (unit in forward lower port locker) - Silva S10 radio. Serial No 0407404 - SF213 Twin Sensor Gas Detector and control unit - Flexible chart light - Charts, parallel ruler, dividers etc - Set of International code flags plus ensigns, burgees etc
- Lifebuoy & light - 4 x Auto inflatable life jackets - 2 x Safety lines - 2 x Fire extinguishers; automatic FE-36 fire suppression units – GTFE range - Coastal Flares – expire 12 / 2011 - Auto bilge pump; 1000 GPH main cabin aft under sole - 2 x Gas detectors; main cabin - 1 x 1 litre dry powder (Firemaster Extinguishers Ltd) in head compartment - 1 x 1 litre dry powder (Firemaster Extinguishers Ltd) in galley - Fire Blanket; new 2008 to Euro to BSEN 1869:1997 spec; galley - First Aid Kit; Coastal - new 2007; galley
These particulars have been prepared from information provided by the vendors and are intended as general guide. The purchaser should confirm details of concern to them by survey or engineers inspection. The purchaser should also ensure that the purchase contract properly reflects their concerns and specifies details on which they wish to rely.