58' Bertram Convertible
This boat is really eye popping! Granted, when one thinks of a 1977 sport fishing boat, superlatives don't automatically jump to mind but this vessel breaks all the rules. Naughty Naughty's most perfect role in life today could be to serve as a family's stupendous fishing boat with luxurious accommodations as a live aboard or a luxurious live aboard that could certainly be successfully fished. In searching for an appropriate description a better one could not be found than that in the McKnew PowerBoat Guide:
"The Bertram brochures hardly overstated the matter when they referred to the 58 Convertible as a 'hugely elegant machine.' Huge indeed; only the Hatteras 60 Convertible exceeded her in size among production sport fishing yachts of her era. The 58 Convertible's hull is solid fiberglass with a shallow keel and just 15 degrees of deadrise aft - the least amount of V in any Bertram hull.
Notably, the decks and superstructure were built of aluminum. Among her many attributes is a ride that many consider to be among the best in this size range. Designed for tournament-level competition as well as comfortable offshore cruising, the Bertram 58's massive cockpit dimensions will accommodate two full size fighting chairs. Her three-stateroom/three head teak interior features a huge salon with extravagant entertaining potential.
The flybridge is arranged with two helm stations - one well forward and one aft to view the cockpit action. Additional features include a roomy engine room with good working space, wide side decks and excellent storage..."
- Bottom Paint
- Props have been re-pitched and tuned
- Oil and fuel filters have been cleaned and replaced
Upon entering the salon one is transported back to the days when boats were filled with beautiful teak interiors creating that "shippy" feel many traditionalist appreciate. This vessel has a huge salon - no built-ins- offering a variety of options for furnishing placement. The dining area is just beyond the salon. The dinette has been removed and replaced with a beautiful, custom made teak table with an in-lay of a stylized sailfish. The table, almost 48" square, is not only a show piece but also makes the dining facilities very spacious.
The galley has recent model stainless appliances and granite countertops and a lovely "spirits" bar - keeping with the shippy appearance found throughout the living areas
Further forward is a master to port with a full berth and an ensuite head, to starboard is a guest stateroom with one oversized twin bed, beyond that is a spacious head that serves both guest staterooms. The forward guest stateroom has upper and lower bunks. The area where the third head is found in most Bertram 58s was never made into a head - it has custom cabinetry in it and is a extremely useful walk-in storage room.
The steps in the hall lift to reveal a HUGE engine room with plenty of room to get around the engines and other mechanical equipment, including the twin generators (one 30kw and one 15kw). All is tidy and ship shape.
Adjacent to the galley is a lovely, custom made teak console that provides additional galley storage and hides a full size washer and dryer.
- Frigidaire 4 burner smooth top, stainless steel stove with full size oven
- Maytag full size stainless steel refrigerator
- Sharp microwave/convection oven
- Twin stainless sinks with garbage disposal
- Franke faucet
- PUR under counter filter
- Kitchen Aid trash compactor
- Granite countertops
- Teak and holly sole
- Teak spirits locker
Deck and Flybridge
The outdoor spaces provided on this vessel are outstanding. The cockpit is huge as is the flybridge with hardtop. She is a heavily built boat that will take big seas - also a quiet boat with 6" of decking between the engine room and the salon.
- Hull awlgripped deep blue 10 years ago
- Two steering stations on flybridge, forward has three captain’s chairs, aft has one captain’s chair
- Wet bar console with refrigerator on flybridge
- L-shaped cushioned settee
- Custom made, intricately designed teak cocktail table with in-lay stylized sailfish
- Tuna door
- Tackle drawers
- Live bait well
- Cockpit hatch access to steering gear
- Rod storage
- Maybe it’s the rich teak or the fine varnish work, maybe it’s the salty flybridge or the dark blue hull...I can't say for sure, but every time I step on this yacht I see the Bertram quality.
- Naughty Naughty is a large sport fisher that could easily serve as a great live aboard. Her beautiful teak - from top to bottom - is quite special because of its custom woodwork. Her spacious rooms both inside the boat and on the exterior will provide as much living area as a small house. She would also make great boat to be used as a second home in the islands.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.